Thread: Stanley Glaros passing

Default Stanley Glaros passing

We are saddened to hear from “Alpha Puppy” that Stanley Glaros of the 1D35 fleet past away last Friday due to a bicycle accident and ensuing injuries. His mates have spread the word to us about his remembrance:

On Friday, July the 8th:
    Service will be at Green Street Mortuary, 649 Green Street, San Francisco, CA 94133, 11am service and urn viewing

Afterwards on Friday, July the 8th.
    Reception will be at Corinthian Yacht Club, 43 Main St, Tiburon, CA 94920, Time: 1pm- 5pm, -Full buffet with refreshments and alcohol

To help Stans daughter Alexis plan, please rsvp at: alexisglaros@gmail.com
    Last edited by Submarino; 07-03-2022 at 08:37 AM.

Eight Bells for Stan.....

I sailed with Stan quite a bit. He was a character and had always interesting things to say. I regret I never got to crew with him on on Great Fun II. His passion for the 1D35 got us excited about the class and renewed our efforts to refresh our boat. I'll miss him for what he was on and off the boat - he alway made it an adventure. A few of my friends who were closer will miss him more. Fair winds Stan. Best to his daughter.
    Last edited by Black Jack; 07-03-2022 at 07:17 AM.
    Without friends, none of this would be possible.

After seeing him across the water several times, I finally met Stan at RYC after the 2013 OYRA Jr. Waterhouse. Matt Beall and I doublehanded Ragtime! that day. Stan's Zsa Zsa finished so far ahead of us that we could barely see him. We corrected out by less than a minute in the six-hour race. Zsa Zsa was not an easy boat to race shorthanded but Stan enjoyed it. He was definitely a character and was fun to meet. We also had breakfast together the morning after a Half Moon Bay Race.

Fair Winds Stan.

Please note that the date has been added and an RSVP is requested. See first post above.