Thread: Liferaft

Default Liferaft

My liferaft is coming up for renewal and I have email alerts set for new ones. I don't think I will renew or buy a renewed raft but I may switch from Viking Rescyou Pro valise to canister on the rail. No way I can wrestle a valise out of the companionway in a real emergency in anything like minutes let alone seconds. Anyway this alert popped up this morning and it seems like it might be a good deal for someone so passing it along... I have no connection with this so not an advert...

https://www.survivalatsea.com//disco...ed-raft-1.aspx

"This Pre-Owned Coastal Commander 2.0 has been stored at our facility since we serviced it in October of 2021. The next inspection will be due in October of 2024. Comes with official Revere certificate of re-inspection."

and as a newbie, if anyone has advice on location of liferafts and canisters and rail mounts, I'd be glad to get any advice.

Doesn't qualify for SHTP (needs to be ocean raft... not coastal). I bought two rafts on ebay... takes patience... 6-12 months or the next hurricane to hit Florida.