Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seminars SHTP 2023

Quote Originally Posted by pfschmidt View Post
    Missed the last couple of SHTP zoom meetings. I had registered and thought a reminder would be sent out once registered.
    I'm not always looking in this forum to remind me. I guess a reminder is not happening. I do see a "PDF of the Deck" is on the forum a few days later. Hope to see this return sail seminar pdf of the deck soon.
    Hi - apologies for any misunderstanding regarding the Zoom reminders. It's not a precise process, and apparently recurring meetings don't auto-generate reminders.
    I will try to remedy that going forward.
    OTOH, there is the option to download the series to your calendar of choice...
    DH

Hi David: when replying to Now&Zen on the LatePac thread https://www.sfbaysss.org/forum/showt...c-2023&p=32708

… I notice the date above in this thread (way above) for the emergency steering trials / seminar 6.5 is Friday April 15 2022.

So would that be on a Friday (nearest would be 14 April 2023 if I have that right) or Saturday 15 April 2023?

Thanks!

Mike
    Last edited by GBR3068; 02-20-2023 at 08:28 PM.

Hey everyone... Are we still having our next SHTP zoom seminar on the evening of March 8th as it states in the original schedule? I have not seen any emails with links to register yet. Can Dave H. (or someone else) forward it out?

Thanks, Michael Polkabla

Default Seminar #5 - Medical Supplies, and Provisioning

Hello all -
    Thread bump & reminder -
    Seminar #5 is Wednesday, March 08

David Clarkes MD wife, Dana, will present on preparing medical kits for the SHTP.

we will also discuss provisions, both for small boats and those with more accommodating kitchens

Zoom info below -

You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
    When: February 08, 2023 07:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Register in advance for this meeting:
    https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/regi...VEPI2YVQQykksT

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
    Last edited by DaveH; 03-07-2023 at 07:41 AM.

As a follow-up to Wednesday's seminar, I've had really good luck with Stugeron to combat seasickness. Its quite effective but doesn't make you drowsy like Dramamine. That stuff knocked me out and made me feel hungover the next day!

As Dana mentioned during the seminar, you can't buy Stugeron in the US, but I was able to mail order a 100 pack of the 15mg pills last summer from northwestpharmacy.com. They are out of Vancouver, BC however the meds showed up in a package that came from the UK, I believe, and it took several weeks to get it. It's also for sale over the counter in Bermuda, if you happen to be out in the Atlantic.

Thanks, Mark

Default Seminar #6 - Sat Coms & Provisions

Hello All -
    Bumping the thread again, and a reminder for Seminar #6 is Wednesday, April 12 at 730pm

We'll be discussing communications for the race, and circling back to provisioning

Hi there,

When: Apr 12, 2023 07:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUvceqhrTorG9D44EQZFGVEPI2YVQQykksT

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Default Seminar #7 Race Strategy and Weather

Hello All -
    Last moment, there is for Seminar #7 is tonight, Wednesday, May 10 at 730pm

We'll be discussing weather tactics, and will reserve a healthy amount of time for competitors

Hi there,

When: MAY 10, 2023 07:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.[/QUOTE]

Default Seminar recording

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Hello All -
    Last moment, there is for Seminar #7 is tonight, Wednesday, May 10 at 730pm

We'll be discussing weather tactics, and will reserve a healthy amount of time for competitors

Hi there,

When: MAY 10, 2023 07:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't make this month's seminar but would appreciate viewing through re Orting, if you have a chance to post it.
    Thanks in advance!

Omg.. autopilot is horrible. ...viewing the recording...