Thread: Proposed Rule 69 Ban

Default Proposed Rule 69 Ban

I sent this direct to the board:

Was following this story for a while….. These two went on a competitors boat during Big Boat Series and loosened the lifeline turnbuckles.

To me this is akin to attempted bodily harm or even murder (if someone had died as a result).

These two have no place in sailing.

-Greg
    Name:  cheaterletter-jpg.jpeg
Views: 428
Size:  245.3 KB
    Last edited by solosailor; 11-05-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by solosailor View Post
    I sent this direct to the board:
    These two went on a competitors boat during Big Boat Series and loosened the lifeline turnbuckles. To me this is akin to attempted bodily harm or even murder (if someone had died as a result). These two have no place in sailing. -Greg
    I would agree with SOLOSAILOR. However, despite their DSQ under Rule 69 and "Did Not Enter" banishment by St.FYC, apparently others support NE*NE and offenders and they were "invited" and welcomed by SFYC to compete in the J-105 Nationals a week after BBS, WTF? (NOR 4.1 All boats in the J/105 class that meet the class’ rules and requirements are invited to participate in J-105 Nationals.)

Please tell me I misunderstand (I wasn't there), and the 4 paragraph favorable mention of owner and photo of NE*NE in the Nov. Lat.38 was just an oversight. "Despite their hurdles NE*NE rallied with come-from-behind momentum.." "Tim Russell ...well supported by sponsors and volunteers."

Standing by for explanation, if anyone knows, why Rule 69 can apply during one series and not at the next series directly across the Bay.. STOP the PRESS. Upon closer reading, the Rules Violation and DSQ of NE*NE owner and crew member is dated Nov. 2 by St.FYC, which is after the J-105's Nationals were completed at SFYC. My apologies for this oversight.
    Last edited by sleddog; 11-09-2022 at 11:33 AM.

An admission and apology did happen.