Thread: In Reach

Default In Reach

Okay, forget the 30' of 1/4 inch chain sought. I borrowed Bob J's fancy and expensive chain and it worked fine, mighty fine. It came up every time with pounds of mud and the slimiest, slipperyish grass you can imagine! Eeeeyooow! I went through two pairs of gloves every time.

Now I'm looking for an InReach. I figure someone is looking to sell his/hers. Cliff just sent me a message from Drakes Bay!!

The Voice of Reason has decided it would be a good thing for me to keep in touch when I'm in places where I can't call. Dunno why, but if you have one and would like to sell it to me, let me know.

Jacqueline.Philpott@gmail.com

Thanks

I might. Let me think about what I really want to do when I grow up.

Are you going to wash the chain?

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Are you going to wash the chain?
    I pulled Jackie's rode, chain and anchor in Tomales Bay Saturday evening. The chain length was a bit overkill. The Delta anchor was perfect size.. Maybe I exaggerate, but 50 feet of rope rode, ~40 feet of chain, and a 14 pound Delta anchor was more than sufficient for holding in 4 feet of water when you draw 4.5'.
    Last edited by sleddog; 08-17-2023 at 01:07 PM.

The wind had really come up when I got stuck in the mud. My depth finder read 3'. Ummmm. The people on the pier just laughed, lifted their beers to me in salute. Seems they expect boats to go into the mud.

Name:  Skip Shapiro and Jacob Copy.JPG
Views: 272
Size:  147.7 KB

Skip Shapiro and that nice fella Ben motored over, I just handed them my anchor and let out rode as they zoomed away. Tried to kedge, but DM was stuck fast. BTW it was only 20' of chain. You make me sound extravagant

Name:  Skip and Milly, DM afloat - Copy.JPG
Views: 264
Size:  92.4 KB

Thanks for driving me out when she finally floated. I love that club.
    Last edited by Philpott; 08-17-2023 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    I might. Let me think about what I really want to do when I grow up. Are you going to wash the chain?
    Okay. I'll wait. Plus, you can borrow it whenever you want to do that.

And of course I'll wash that nice slippery chain! I'll polish it!! Next time I come down to the Club.

It's amazing how much work stuff stacks up for me to do when I go away for 7 days. My phone lit up like a Christmas tree as I approached the Bridge. I know, I know: You retired people don't have that problem ... if being a staff officer at RYC qualifies as being retired. Not sure it does, given all those meetings. It seems like running a small corporation.

Although I was given a nice goodbye as I left Bodega Bay:

Name:  Birds on channel Marker 13 Bodega Bay - Copy.JPG
Views: 268
Size:  117.0 KB