Thread: Eyrie Tom Wylie 28 Hawkfarm For Sale

Default Eyrie Tom Wylie 28 Hawkfarm For Sale

The time has come for Eyrie to chariot another intrepid sailor to their seabound desires, and possibly Hawaii.

Eyrie is a SH Transpacific Yacht Race veteran, and overall winner of the SH Three Bridge Fiasco, SH Spinnaker Cup, SH Long Pac, and DH Pacific Cup.

Attached you'll find the out of water survey performed at Berkeley Marine Center in January 2021. While hauled I had a new hard bottom applied (Pettit Trinidad), topsides & transom cleaned/waxed/buffed, packing gland replaced, and cutlass bearing replaced.

Since the survey I have replaced much of the running rigging: jib sheets, boom vang, traveler, twings, cunningham. Standing rigging and halyards replaced in 2004.

Recently I emptied Eyrie, power washed the interior and exterior, and took some photos of the empty interior. They are also attached.

Not shown or mentioned in the survey: 6 foam boat cushions to sleep 6, companionway dodger.
    Sail Inventory: "wise old" Dacron mainsail w/3 reefs, laminated #2 & #3, Dacron #4, Dacron storm jib and tri-sail, AP symmetric spinnaker, J/24 "shy" kite, ATN spinnaker socks, spinnaker net. And more.
    In 2004 Eyrie got a Dan Newland designed and built high aspect ratio rudder and new SS rudder post. Her NCPHRF rating remained at 165 with 125% max headsail restriction.

Currently berthed at South Beach Yacht Harbor, SF.

My contact info can be found on the survey.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Eyrie; 11-13-2022 at 06:29 PM.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

New rudder shape, 2021 PHRF cert, and SHTP pics attached.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

price?

Where's the like button?

Where's the shocked button?

Quote Originally Posted by PSutchek View Post
    price?
    The 1st page of the attached survey includes the estimated fair market value, and my contact info...
    ~ Blues Image

I'm giving my listing from November'22 a nudge here to bring it near the top of the list again in case there's anyone out there that's looking towards the next SHTP, or the one after that, or a Pac Cup...

I'm trying to hold out for someone that is interested in racing shorthanded to Hawaii, or someone who already knows what a Hawkfarm is and what they are capable of. That's why I've been reluctant to list her for sale anywhere else.

Captive audience here, ya know?
    ~ Blues Image