Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LatePac 2023

Default LatePac 2023

Any others of you miss the opportunity to do your qualifier during the LongPac? Should we pick a couple of slots to shoot for this spring and try and do it as a group?

I did the last LongPac but if a group are going out together I would consider joining you guys… I really like the idea of a buddy system out there.

Mike S/V EOS

Assuming this get's off the ground, I am happy to help with over watch and a shoreside contact... provided folks are willing to share their tracker info.

DH

Now&Zen: I'm a slow Cal 34. What are you and when were you thinking?

Sorry I thought I replied to this weeks ago! I am a fairly fast Freedom 40/0 (PHRF 81). Was thinking of picking a "long" weekend with a couple of backup plans if weather didn't co-operate. Late April? with backups in May? Just thinking out loud.

Already completed my qualifier but am thinking of going again as a shake down and a final dial-in of my systems prior to the SHTP... Making lots of improvements and installing a fair amount of new electronics which will be nice to fully sort out. I agree that late April or May sounds great for this. Another idea is to do the Spinnaker Cup at the end of May which leaves from SF and finishes in Monterey as a good possible option too. Let's keep an eye on the weather and narrow things down as we get closer to those dates.

Cheers,

Michael Polkabla
    Cal40 #4 Solstice
    Last edited by mpolkabla; 01-27-2023 at 10:16 PM. Reason: typo error

Quote Originally Posted by mpolkabla View Post
    Already completed my qualifier but am thinking of going again as a shake down and a final dial-in of my systems prior to the SHTP...
    That is a really good idea. Morning Star got various tweaks and upgrades after our qualifier in March of 2018 that did not get adequate sea trials before the SHTP three months later. That was not the only reason we got the Perseverance Award that year, but it was a contributing factor. :-)
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Thinking of aiming for around the last weekend in March with a backup date in April if that doesn't work. Thoughts?

I have a couple things to do. I go to Svendsen's on Monday for a new transmission and I got to do some electrical work but if all that goes OK then that timeframe could work. By last weekend you mean Mar 25/26? The problem is the Pacific Cup safety at sea couse is that weekend on Saturday 25 March and I signed up for it… Here are the dates I know about:

Pacific Cup Hands On Safety at Sea Seminar - March 25, 2023
    Emergency steering trials April 15 (from DH calendar thread)
    April 22-23 is the Ashley Perrin SFYC Safety at Sea course (I signed up for that before I knew about the Pacific Cup one)

Mike

Separate post to avoid confusion…. I just noticed a possible error in the emergency steering trials date and posted a note to DH at https://www.sfbaysss.org/forum/showt...2710#post32710

I dont think it matters much because whatever the exact date for the emergency steering trials that date will probably be around Friday 14 April, Saturday 15 April 2023.