Thread: Happy holidays

Default Happy holidays

Okay, I'll start. People are still sleeping here in Colorado Springs, so I can't open my presents yet. And I can't go sailing. Hmmmpf.

Had a nice dinner with baked ham, green beans and scalloped potatoes. WASP food without the wings.

Name:  christmas at max.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  586.2 KB

A dinner guest was Elena, a lieutenant colonel from Zimbabwe and then South Africa, who is also a sailor, landlocked here for awhile. She says it takes her three hours to drive herself and her kayak to water. Grew up sailing a 42' sailboat out of South Africa, where "we could go either east to the Indian Ocean or west toward the horn. Either way, there was good wind." Ya think?

Did those two brown boxes contain boat bling for DM? They have that look. I also heard something about a new main from Dave.

Surprise! got some Epifanes and 320 grit from Secret Santa. Dinner was homemade lasagna as always, made from the family recipe.

It was cold and foggy all day and the rain’s a-comin’. Hoping it’s nice for the annual NYD sail but in the meantime, Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by BobJ; 12-26-2022 at 03:23 PM.

Had a pleasant if unexpectedly smaller Christmas at casa Hedgehog.
    Was going to fly Mom down from Seattle, but her Friday afternoon flight got canceled, and the next possible re-booking wasn't until tomorrow.
    Refunded the miles...
    At least United let her know before she got on the train to SeaTac, though not before slipping and sliding via Uber to the station (and back again).

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays !
    Had a nice quiet weekend at home.

Here's to a great new year with lots of sailing!

Merry Christmas all!!

Took all and sundry for a sail on Monday, the daughters being from NYC thought 50 F and a raw wind from the north was a pleasant alternative to single digits back home!

Happy Holidays and Good Cheer and Good Winds to All! Sorry, the tides are your responsibility.

Christmas in Bodfish is a low key affair.

The bonsai tree needed some help since it was pruned too large. There is abundant room to hang shells that were collected from Concepcion Bay in BCS. Next year the tree will be smaller and more compact. Maybe a few shells will graduate to the big tree.

Best to all!

Ants
    Name:  2FD9EF75-1FFC-456E-A701-7C051FA20C74.jpeg
Views: 275
Size:  2.21 MB

I had a very stress-free Christmas. No traveling, no gift shopping, no decorating, no visiting or hosting. Rebecca and I split a Costco steak for dinner.

I'll cop to missing my relatives a bit, but it was a nice change. Happy new year, all!

Max

I'm in Max's camp - stress free Christmases - spending the week with my son in Cayucos. The weeks before I saw my brothers their families in Florida and New Hampshire, the latter 5 days I spent isolated with COVID. First time and also fully boosted since early November. Thankfully, no one else came down with it. Happy New Year! Name:  PXL_20221223_004709841.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  3.32 MB

We're in Morro Bay for the annual Foote family post-Christmas get-together. We spent yesterday morning hiking along the beach/bluffs at Montana del Oro state park.

Name:  IMG_9747.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  234.5 KB

and playing KelpHorn on the beach... which is where you cut a hole at the end of the bulb of a piece of bull kelp, then cut off the stem and blow into it, buzzing like a trombone or trumpet. Yes, there is video, just not uploaded to YT yet. so still photography will have to do. The operative word is "slimy".

Name:  IMG_9775.JPG
Views: 217
Size:  255.4 KB

The day before, we spent the afternoon kayaking in the Estero, and tonights activity is an introduction to D&D by Joans' brothers fiancee's son, who is seriously into it. I'm reassured that the game he's set up is going to last between 60-90 minutes, not four hours.
    Last edited by AlanH; 12-30-2022 at 10:31 AM.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"