Thread: 3BF Current Contest

Default 3BF Current Contest

I'd like to get a contest going on the maximum current you expect anyone to see on their instruments at 3BF, without going over.

Followed post-race by "I saw X knots", of course.

Bragging rights at the quarterly meeting for the person who gets the current correct.

Oh, Richard, don't you know by now that this crowd doesn't do anything for bragging rights? They demand macapuno ice cream or baked goods. Also that perennial favorite, cold hard cash. Actually,I bet Ray Irvine $5 that registrations would reach 290. He bet 250 and was surprised when I won. Then he asked if I take Pay Pal. Ha.

Of course I will participate in your contest, too. Thank you!
    Last edited by Philpott; 01-26-2023 at 10:35 AM.

According to Ray, last year's registrations included 28% new boats to the race. 87 of 302
    This year new boats represent 24%. 75 of 315.

So, 75 of those boats out there might be people who have never raced before. They may be unclear on the concept of crossing a start line. Or a finish line. Or rounding a mark to port. Or to starboard. Oh, never mind. As the Sergeant on that old tv series Hill Street Blues used to tell the cops: Let's all be careful out there.

CORRECTION!!! Three Bridge Fiasco numbers: 112 boats that raced last year did not register for this year; AND 124 of this year's registrations are NEW!!! What does this mean? You know what this means: 40% of those boats out there will be racing the Fiasco for the first time. I am anticipating a FUN day. A scary day, but a fun day.

Tom Patterson stopped by Dura Mater on E Dock yesterday. Did I know that there was a big ebb and little wind forecast? Yes. Yes I did. What can possibly go wrong?

I am sure Dura Mater beat me home this evening
    Good job! Your race committee also had fun today. You all should come join us one of these days!