Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is planning to do the 2009 LongPac?

Default LongPac Entries to date?

Okay, so who's "officially" in? I wish I was, but other duties call. All the entry forms are posted for your reference, so please review and complete. We're having a LongPac meeting on June 9 at 18:30 at Oakland YC. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Okay, so who's "officially" in? I wish I was, but other duties call. All the entry forms are posted for your reference, so please review and complete. We're having a LongPac meeting on June 9 at 18:30 at Oakland YC. Looking forward to seeing you there.
    Hi Sparky -

Tiger Beetle intends to race singlehanded, weather depending. I'm not officially in as race entries are not due until July 15, and I intend to enter as a non-sponsored SSS member at that time. I was also intending to schedule Beetle's equipment inspection at that time, as per RRC Rule 6.2. Based on your note in the LongPac Forum it appears that you want inspections to be *completed* by July 15 - not merely scheduled. Which is correct?

I will be at the Tuesday June 9 LongPac meeting at OYC.

- rob/beetle

Hi Rob,

Race Committee would like inspections to be "scheduled" by July 15. As much as we would like all the inspections to be completed by then, more than likely we'll have a couple inspections take place just prior to the race, which should make inspectors really happy. Thanks for catching this, you don't miss a thing.

Looking forward to seeing you at the meeting.

Default "NANCY" is planning on the race

I'm planning on entering "NANCY," sailing doublehanded - and as with others the weather conditions will be a factor in going. It's preparing for the PacCup rather than the SSS race next year, however. This is all dependent on getting the boat ready - lots of things to do between now and inspection time.
    Pat Broderick - "NANCY" Wyliecat 30

Default final count for LongPac race

26 final entries for the LongPac race, and division splits will be determined shortly. Looks like we have a lot of sportboats this year...and sizes of boats ranging from 21 feet (mini transat) to 49 ft. LOA. Plus, the skippers -with the exception of a couple- will have transponders on their boats so we can see where they roam; we will be utilizing the same equipment that was used for the Coastal Cup, and are very excited about it!

Stay tuned...

Default Xpresssion is not going

Bummer, I cannot make it this year...