Hull and Structure: Hull Openings
Storm coverings for all windows more than 2 square feet in area, unless all the windows are constructed of a material at least as strong as the surrounding superstructure. SSS Change

I started down this path: (a) install new bulletproof windows, which would cost more than the boat so to (b) bolt some thick Lexan over the long windows and then I found this thread from 2009 but not much else:

https://www.sfbaysss.org/forum/showt...t=storm+window by Critter & BobJ & Beetle

Summary: use plywood + cross members + through bolt them.

Anyone know what most of the 1970/80 long plastic cabin windows were made of? Not trying to be clever, but also it seems to me the worse my superstructure is then the easier off I am wrt storm window requirements.

Just need some advice on the most sensible thing to do: Cut some sheets of Home Depot plywood and some 2 x 1 and maybe epoxy them? How thick should the plywood be to be safe and pass inspection? 15/32" OK? A 4 x 8 x 15/32 sheet (32 sq ft) weighs about 40 lb so an 8 sq ft storm panel is 10 lb which seems reasonable to handle in a nightmare. And use some T-nuts on the outside and wing bolts inside?

Seems like having some biggish pieces of plywood and some 2 x 1 aren't bad things to have onboard anyway.

Thanks!