Thread: 7 oz dacron sail with four full battens - FREE

Default 7 oz dacron sail with four full battens - FREE

Does anybody want DM's mailsail? It's still pretty crisp, and I feel sentimental about it and can't bring myself to throw it into a dumpster. Danny probably doesn't want me to dump it on his table at RYC.

It has a 10' foot and 30.8 luff, 32 leach. Let me know. I'll even deliver it in its Rolly Tasker bag.

Autograph it and post in on EBAY! ;-)

DON’T THROW THAT OUT!
    WE WOULD LOVE TO RECYCLE YOUR OLD SAILS AND CONVERT THEM INTO OUR ONE OF A KIND RE-SAILS BAGS. SPECIFICALLY, WE ARE LOOKING FOR CLEAN MILDEW FREE DACRON(WHITE) SAIL CLOTH BETWEEN 5 AND 9 OUNCES ONLY.

Please send to this address:
    Re-Sails Warehouse
    7 Merton RD
    Newport, RI 02840

(401) 849-0084

https://resails.com/re-cycle-your-sail-2/

Might be kinda $$$ to ship your sail to RI. Many years ago we shipped sails on Greyhound buses. Maybe take it on your next trip to the mid-West. I remember at least one company making bags that would give you a bag in exchange for your old sail.
    Tom P.

It might work on Alpha, cut down to the first reef point. Alpha's main hoist is about 25' 8". Foot should be around 10 and change. Hm... Going to the first reef point might make it a big short on the foot, but it's worth measuring.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    It might work on Alpha, cut down to the first reef point. Alpha's main hoist is about 25' 8". Foot should be around 10 and change. Hm... Going to the first reef point might make it a big short on the foot, but it's worth measuring.

Could you lower the head and have a square top or generous roach, while maintaining the foot length?

I'm eyeballing this photo of Dura Mater, from years past...
    https://www.sfbaysss.org/forum/attac...6&d=1565923931

and holding up a metric ruler to the screen of my laptop and when I do the math I get 26.6 feet +/- from Dura Maters old main's first reef up to her headboard. That's a bit much.

And this photo
    https://www.sfbaysss.org/forum/attac...3&d=1596763100

...doing the same thing, and getting 27.2 feet for that measurement. So I think DM's old main is a tich big for Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
    Could you lower the head and have a square top or generous roach, while maintaining the foot length?
    Can't do a square top on Alpha, with her backstay. Besides, it'd look really out of place. Dropping the head 5 feet....that's a lot. I could have Joe or Synthia trim off the foot to the first reef point and then drop the headboard about a foot, but by the time I've paid for all that labor, I might as well get a sail that really fits, you know?

Darn!

Surely there's a needy Cal 2-27 around somewhere that could use Dura Maters not-so-old main!