Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Land preparations for the race

And now, for something slightly different:

I mentioned to Ray Irvine (Jibeset) that there are three University professors on the course this year. John Wilkerson teaches Political Science at U Washington, Alex Benderskii Chemistry at USC and Mike Smith Electrically Engineering at U Hawaii.

Ray's response? " What does that tell you about this race?"

Name:  Psychoanalysis Trigger.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  277.5 KB

Well, I didn't know, so I got out that old Analysis Trigger. Let's analyze ALL these people out there: Their choice of boat, their racing style, their degree of competitiveness, even possible mommy daddy issues if you are a Freudian. Why not? The safety requirements for the race don't include a Rorschach test. Maybe it should? The tracker doesn't collect that data. Maybe it should? Spouses and significant others are welcome to participate in this silliness.

We are all friends here. We want the best for everyone on the course. Yet there are those - like me - who wonder: Why would anyone race across an ocean in a small boat alone?
    Last edited by Philpott; 06-30-2023 at 09:48 AM.

"We are all friends here. We want the best for everyone on the course. Yet there are those - like me - who wonder: Why would anyone race across an ocean in a small boat alone?"

What else are you gonna' do?