Thread: Shirts for the LongPac

Default Shirts for the LongPac

I am thinking of , instead of shirts, getting embroidered zip up jackets for participants of the LongPac.

Any comments or suggestions?

Please let me know,

Steve
    shill@tfcinc.com

In 2007 they were a silver, long-sleeved jacket, I think 1/4 zip. Rob was R/C that year and ordered them while I was having cash vacuumed out of my wallet at the "Happiest Place on Earth."

Anyway, a zip-up jacket sounds good as long as it doesn't increase the entry fee
    Last edited by BobJ; 05-28-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Default rugby shirts

I'm not going this year, but I really liked the rugby shirts Max ordered for us a few years back. They are warm enough that in many days in the bay that is all you need, they last forever, etc.. I liked it so much that I order some for my Travieso crew a few years back.

Default Rugby Shirts

I vote for the Rugby shirts with boat names.

Bill Merrick

A sweatshirt or rugby shirt with race/year/boat name (if possible) on them (kind of like a mix of the farallones race sweatshirt with logo and boat name on the chest and the three bridge shirt with the race name on the sleeve) would be fun, depending upon finances available for the race.

I don't remember anything about the silver jacket from 2007 longpac that Bob mentioned, I clearly don't know where mine is (if there ever was one). I do remember that trophies were going to be really expensive - maybe $60/eaches, so instead I purchased 530 charts and tied them with a purple ribbon as trophies - about $22 eaches, and useful to boot!

- rob/beetle

The 2007 shirt is a fairly heavy tech/performance/wicking/whatever shirt; no zipper. I haven't worn it much. It usually seems too warm, but it'd be a good layer over polypro for cold days on the ocean.

I ordered the rugby shirts in '05 as Dan says. I had to work with Pirates Lair to get a link to a website with lots of rugby options; they don't have much in their regular catalog.

In '03 I think Alan got long-sleeved denim buttoned shirts with boat name embroidered. I didn't do that race, but the shirts looked good.

BTW Steve, this isn't necessarily your job - unless you already volunteered with Ruben to do it - in which case thanks! Traditionally, the usual task assignments don't apply on the LongPac.

Max

Default LongPac Shirts

I went to the Pirate's Lair website and came up with these ideas for the LongPac mementos. Prices do not include embroidery or silk screening +tax + shipping. These are just a representative selection.
    1. Fleece vests - full zipper ($18 - 25)
    2. Fleece vest - slip over style ($26)
    3. Duffel bag ($21 - 23 for 13"x24x12) Other sizes available
    4. Fleece 1/4 zip long sleeve pullover ($25)
    5. Fleece lightweight 1/4 zip long sleeve pullover ($19)
    NOTE: How do I change my log in i.d.?
    Pat Broderick, "NANCY"