Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio COnference Dial Up for Nov 22nd

What a bummer we didn't know about the teleconferencing! Rob tried making it to the seminar tonight but apparently traffic was atrocious. He left Sausalito at 4 p.m. and didn't even make it to the Richmond bridge by 5:30.

Has there been any talk of making the seminars later in the evening so everyone can avoid the bulk of traffic?

Perhaps the traffic was particularly bad because of the rain and additional holiday traffic. Typically the commute starts to ease up by 6:30, but your results may vary. As it is now, the seminars run until 10 PM and often a bit over so if we started them later then 7:30 then it would be an equal hardship for the attendees to get home before it's tomorrow and then arrive fresh for work in the AM.

The Pac Cup folks have a weekend all day seminar format. The next one is scheduled for Saturday February 23rd from 8 AM -8 PM. Details on their web site: www.pacificcup.org/

Synthia/Eyrie
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

He tried to call in around 8:30 (when we found out about the teleconferencing) but it didn't work. He dialed the #, hit the code and then nothing happened. Tried it a couple times. Do you have to call in by a certain time? Thanks!

LaDonna

I've never tried dialing in (always at the other end) so I will leave the troubleshooting advice to one of the other 12 people who successfully got through. And speaking of which, this round comes to $6 each again. Thanks for the participation.

Synthia/Eyrie
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

Synthia,

A check's in the mail - I picked up some good information in the seminar.
    John Barthelmass
    2.7 Seconds
    Columbia 30 SY

Quote Originally Posted by robtryon View Post
    He tried to call in around 8:30 (when we found out about the teleconferencing) but it didn't work. He dialed the #, hit the code and then nothing happened. Tried it a couple times. Do you have to call in by a certain time? Thanks!

LaDonna
    Hi Rob and LaDonna,
    I thought maybe my experience here may help.. When I dial in I'm asked for the code. After I plug in the code, I'm switched to the conference call. The only indication you hear is a beep about 500-1000 hz. Then you're live on the speaker phone. I happened to be at the seminar in person last week and so I've experienced both ends of the call. I heard a few beeps well into the seminar meaning that people were coming on or off line.

Before about 1930 hrs as I recall, no one is presenting and so the only noise you would hear is the low roar of ambient noise from the people in the room. Next time try just saying "Hi, anyone there?"

P.S. I'm the guy with the Contessa 26 down in Costa Mesa.

Hope this helps,

Riich