Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Qualifying Cruise

Bob and Bill,

We will think about being the Comm Boat again?? First of all, I have to do a new HF radio installation as my radio died on the way home last year. I sent it to Icom and they said they fixed it and sent it back. It failed again within 24 hours. I sent it back again and they said they couldn't duplicate the problem. Knowing it would fail again, probably in the middle of the ocean, I gave it to a friend for a land based base station. Sooo am going to do an entirely new installation. I hope to have this ready for HF email, weather fax, Grib and even voice comm but don't want to volunteer until it is done and checked out. Also, being comm boat took more time than I had expected and since I am actually planning to "race" from the git go this time I will have to think about that aspect.

We can see how things go as the time gets nearer.

John
    Dream Chaser

Bob - Glen Hansen is taking care of re-rigging the whisker pole and car and track so I won't have to wear a football helmet this time. :-)

Smile Comm Boat

Bob, John and Bill,

I may have mentioned having several comm boats to spread the time commitment a bit. With multiple ferrites (over 20) and some rewiring, I managed to disconnect the autopilot from the SSB. I would gladly volunteer for some of the duty.

Lou

Thanks Lou!

Ya know, disconnecting your autopilot from your SSB was a good idea - I'll bet both units work better. Maybe that's why your autopilot sounded like it was speaking Chinese.

(Kidding of course - I remember what you went through in '06 with the RFI from the SSB messing with your AP when on 8 band.)