Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LongPac Web Pages & Tracking Map

Default Transponder Update

I headed out yesterday to take some pictures of the LongPac fleet at the start. They are posted online here: http://picasaweb.google.com/SSS.Pict...StartPictures#

The transponders were hastily programmed at the skippers meeting for the LongPac and I must have gotten a few wrong because there are about 5 transmitters that are not transmitting every 2 hours. These transponders are running either a 4x per day program or the default 1x per day program. The Global Star satellite account was changed over to the SSS on Tuesday morning which gave me less than 24 hours to verify if transponders were working and not enough time to fix ones that weren't programmed properly. We'll have more time to test next time.

I'm happy that we've got the majority working just in time and if you click on the google earth link at: http://onltr.magnatrax.net/no.php?fid=10349
    with google earth installed you can get a lot of information about when the transponders are transmitting and zoom in on the tracks more easily. I've taken a screen shot of the google earth image this morning: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

You can see that some of the transponders are not keeping up with the majority of the fleet. These transponders are the ones that are running a program that is slower than 1x every 2hours. If you click on the link in Google Earth, you can see the last time the transponder transmitted.

Matt
    Last edited by Matt; 07-30-2009 at 08:04 AM.

Great job Matt - thanks! Seriously, a great effort with little time.
    Last edited by BobJ; 08-04-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Matt,

Just want you to know how much your work is appreciated. And, thanks for the explanation of the report times. Talk about the challenges of network administration! You've done a great job.

Being able to follow the tracks has been the next best thing to being there.

Tom

Any info on what's going on with Rainbow or Second Verse? My apologies if it's not cool to discuss this here.

Default Rainbow and Way Cool to watch

Yeah, looks by his track that he's going to Bodega Bay.

Watching the race in very close to real time is way cool. Looks to be a waterline length race so far, that is, light wind and little seas. The posts from Steve (Coyote) indicate fog, wet and cold.
    Respectfully, Thom

SeaRail 19, SriRacha

Default Hmm Reopened Thread

This thread got closed accidentally. It's now open again.

Default Outsider 3:30 Yesterday

I was watching Greg on Outsider keeping up with Coyote and Ohana for the first part of the LongPac. It would surprise me if he isn't still somewhere close by them. The last reading on his transponder was 15:26:26 yesterday.

Would be good to see Outsider and see if he can start to catch up to the boats ahead after the turn.

Coyote is doing a great job staying with Ohana. Coyote is out there singlehanded and Ohana double, and Ohana owns them a few seconds. After my brief chat with the Ohana crew in HMB, maybe they are spending too much time below

Tiger Beetle and Alchera is still looking very close, particularly on corrected time.

Good to see Outsider back online... I'm assuming he already made the turn.

Default No such luck

Would be good to see Outsider and see if he can start to catch up to the boats ahead after the turn.
    Not enough wind to start really moving so I was basically a 31ft boat doing 4-6 most of the trip back. Didn't break 10 until Pt Bonita....... 14-16 across the bay after the finish though!