View Poll Results: Are you joining the fleet for SHTP 2010?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • "1" Long shot - 2012 is more likely.

3 13.64%
  • "2" Possibility - I'm thinking about it.

6 27.27%
  • "3" Likely - I'm actively preparing.

6 27.27%
  • "4" Serious - I'm well on my way.

4 18.18%
  • "5" Count me in - I'm going.

3 13.64%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SHTP Interest Poll

Hi Jim,
    I am also very sorry to hear this! Without you and the General to talk to and push me along the race just won't be the same. You will be missed on the race and in HI.

John H.
    Dream Chaser

Default Update

John (and all you other SHTP'ers), I'm happy to announce that although Haulback will indeed be missed on the course he won't be missed in Hanalei. Jim has agreed to join the Race Committee and reprise his role as the "Hanalei Harbormaster" (oops, "Harbourmaster"). Don't count the General out either - he's been in touch.

I'll put a list of preliminary entries together in the next day or two. There are a couple of you who haven't sent me anything yet - should I include you, or do you want to remain anonymous until you decide which boat to race?
    Last edited by BobJ; 02-01-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks Bob! Great to see you and Jim at the tree, but still not as good as tracking your progress against mine. Oh Well, another time. If Jim and the General (I must call him myself) don't go, I might win my division, but I'd frankly prefer the competition.

John H
    Dream Chaser

Even though I won't be able to make it down to San Francisco for the start on June 19, I'm looking forward a great deal to being able to welcome everyone as they cross the finish and be able to share in a small way, the excitement of the Singlehanded Transpac.

A distant second to sailing the course with the rest of you - but at least I don't have to watch the race from up here in BC and miss out on ALL the fun ......

AND ....... I'll be there to listen to the extensive, never-ending, and ever-more-extravagant, post race analysis....... squalls that get ever stronger, whales that get closer, hallucinations that get wilder, food that gets worse, incredible bursts of boat-speed, halyard-sheet-and-spinnaker macramé, the biannual unwashed underwear competition, and other assorted tales of bravery, endurance and derring-do...... that goes on (and on and on) under the tree every afternoon.

Wouldn't miss it for the world....

Have a great race. eh!

Jim/Haulback