Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHTP Get-Together at EYC 12/13/09

Default I'll bring over Feolena

She still has alot of the stuff I used for the race and trip back. plus I need to get her out now and then

Rob

Default December Get-Together: Small..Medium..Large...And everything in Between!

I would second Paul's request...It would be great to see some veteran boats...Feolena would be great...I have a personal request of seeing how Rob has Tiger Beetle setup If some of the SHTP veterans have time...seeing three different boats of varying size would be great along with other SHTP 2010 Racers if their boats are somewhat together! Say the Cal 20 Blackfeathers for the small range...Valient 32 Feolena for the medium size range...and NM45 Tiger Beetle for that upper range. I will be happy to bring over "Blue Moon" if the rig is back up by then. I currently have the rig down making all that was old...new again...Any thoughts from the rest of the SSS community? Are we really looking at only 8 or 9 boats for the SHTP 2010!? We may have to up the Bug Light level to really start drawing in the Wierdos....

Adam
    s/v Blue Moon
    International Folkboat #175

Default Get together Dec.

I will be out of town this weekend but will plan on being back Saturday night if the get together is going to be Sunday. Any decision yet as to the day?
    CAL Twenty-Nine

Tiger Beetle is back from Cabo San Lucas (arrived in San Francisco last weekend), and it would be fun to get together at EYC Saturday or Sunday next weekend (Dec 12 or 13). Is there a preference for day? Would be better to select the day that might be less rainy.

- rob/beetle

We need to nail this down so let's say mid-day on Sunday and take our chances with the weather (majority rules). Things are pretty quiet around EYC so you can probably leave your boat an extra day if the weather isn't good for the return trip - maybe we can work out some rides back to marinas if necessary.

It sounds like we'll be short on newer boats in the fleet to look at, but we'll have several race vets there (thanks guys/gals) - even a special guest or two from out of town. (Haulback, are you sure you can't fit this in?) So this might morph into more of a SHTP groupie gathering - I'm good with that.

Maybe some of us can carpool to a place in Alameda for a late lunch or early dinner - I'm open to suggestions.

Who else is planning to come?

Bueller???

Default Bueller ? Anyone? Bueller?

Bob,
    I live in the North Bay if anyone wants to ride share. Also would love to meet for lunch and could also give rides to marinas if any one wants a ride. Scott
    CAL Twenty-Nine

Conversely, if anyone wants to save a bridge toll and take a chance on getting wet, I expect to be heading over by boat from South Beach.
    Max

Default Instructions for Sunday

This is shaping up to be a good time and it appears we'll have a better day for weather than Saturday would have been. (Don't hold me to that!)

If you're arriving at Encinal Yacht Club by boat, please refer to the following dock illustration:

http://www.encinal.org/pageResource/...ockingPlan.pdf

The Port Captain has requested that boats tie up in the area between "B" and "C" docks, bows out. This is their normal procedure for cruise-ins, etc. Then please come up to the club and sign in.

Those arriving by car do not need to back into their parking spaces (that's a joke). You are again requested to register when you enter the club (same as we do at the Oakland YC meetings).

Brunch will be available in the club from 1200-1400 if you're interested. The bar will also be open. If you decide to have brunch it would be nice to let the club know ahead of time - the Manager is afraid we'll show up with 20-30 people looking to eat.

Even if you are coming by land, feel free to bring any gear you want to show off or ask questions about. But the more boats the better - I'd bring mine if it wasn't in a million pieces.

Default I'm in

Wishing it were by sea with a shiny new rig and other goodies to show, but I will be arriving by land. Culebra is delayed getting back into the water, a few blocks away at Svendsen's. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Paul