Thread: Rigging Seminar Monday Night

Default Rigging Seminar Monday Night

3/15 at the Oakland Yacht Club (in Alameda). Socialize with fellow bug-lighters and race groupies starting at 1900, seminar starts at 1930.

Keith "Panda" Love, rigger to the stars, will be presenting. More details to follow tomorrow or as soon as I get a chance. Bring a friend and bring your rigging issues/questions.

To bump this and fill in a little more detail:

Besides Panda, we'll also have Jay Butler (Butler Rigging in Berkeley). These two will talk about doing a "bulletproof" pre-race rigging inspection, daily at-sea inspections for chafe and other issues, standing rigging vs. running rigging issues, and they will bring some show-and-tell items.

The rigging seminar two years ago was one of the most popular and helpful in the series, and I'm confident this will help all of us to be better prepared for the season and the race to Kauai.

So Monday night 3/15 at the Oakland Yacht Club. Looking forward to seeing you there!

I'm sure you like feedback, so here's some; last night's seminar was great. kudos to those who made that happen and the riggers who volunteered their time. Looking forward to the next one!

Default Great Seminar!

I would have to agree with Ronnie...Fantastic Seminar! The content was superb and the troubleshooting, tips, and tricks were really really helpful. I also enjoyed meeting some new bug lighters and talking "boat" never seems to get old. Thanks to everyone for making it happen...Now back to projects I think we are just about 90 days from the START! Where are you Reed Overshiner?