Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 SHTP Bug Lighters

When AJ told me that story on the phone I thought "no worries AJ, I won't tell anybody." Then here it is for all to see.

I suppose we all have a few: "There's only two places you can run aground in the Estuary and this isn't one of them . . ."

while we're all telling self-depricating stories, i will admit to spending 2 hours hard aground while entering Clipper Cove during Fleet Week with Adam Correa, Rob and Ladonna. Nothing says "I have a keel!" like running aground while entering the anchorage...

AJ, you conveniently failed to mention your little nap when i saw you at the dock after your day sail..... haha

Hey, anyone up for a bug lighter raft-up in McCovey Cove Thursday for game 2?
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

Synthia, i am planning on coming over Thursday for game 2 as well. i will be rafted up to the big purple Columbia that i was rafted up next to during the NLCS. feel free to tie up alongside.

ronnie

just so everyone knows, we rafted up next to culebra last wednesday and was right in front of eyrie on thursday. lets get an shtp raft up at the world series!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    Great front page article and pics in SJ Mercury Local News this morning, 9/4/10, on Alan Hebert, "Heavy Metal Mover." Photos of Alan doing what he likes doing best after sailing: wearing a kilt and tossing the 16 pound stone, the 16 pound light hammer, and tossing the caber. All of which he will be doing this weekend and the Scottish Games at Alameda County Fairground. Stand Clear.

Good Luck Alan!
    Thanks, Skip! Yeah, that was kind of fun article. It got the Stanford Alumni magazine to write one, as well, so I'm "sharing an issue" with Jim Plunkett. NOT!
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"