Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Longpac style sail

Default Any updates from AJ?

It has gotten quite pissy in the East Bay today. Wondering how he is doing out there.

-jak

Second Verse is home! Sailed under the gate, motored home to port, and fell into the berth. Will be at the meeting tonight. The best part of coming home is your first sight of the gate! The worst part is taking forever to get there!

Does anyone else sing the song "show me the way to go home..." about 100 times on the way back?

I'm now land sick.

AJ

Congratulations! So are you going to make any changes to anything as a result before you head out on the transpac? Anything break?

- Mark

The number one thing I learned, I love my boat, she will take care of me, we have a good relationship.

Items to fix:

1) Hydrovane (already called the company, easy fix)
    2) Small leaks (not enough to sink the boat, but enough to be annoying when lying down, drip, drip, drip)
    3) Need to keep the nav station dry (that one wave got water into the boat in places I never would have dreamed!)
    4) The radar reflector was too loose, kept hitting the cap shroud, fixed at sea.
    5) Got water in the aft lazerate (need to replace gasket on hatch)

Items to work on:

1) Going aloft. I went up about 150 miles out, made it to the first spreaders, what a wild ride! Thank god I had my climbing helmet on! I need a system to stay attached to the staysail while going up, after that, I’ll be close enough to the mast to wrap a line around.
    2) More sun shade. Wearing a hat gives me a headache after a while.
    3) Drying out clothes ASAP.

I missed milk, I love cereal. Also, why does classical music sound so good out there?

AJ

You're hooked now AJ. Hanalei is just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoldman View Post
    The number one thing I learned, I love my boat, she will take care of me, we have a good relationship.

Items to fix:

1) Hydrovane (already called the company, easy fix)
    2) Small leaks (not enough to sink the boat, but enough to be annoying when lying down, drip, drip, drip)
    3) Need to keep the nav station dry (that one wave got water into the boat in places I never would have dreamed!)
    4) The radar reflector was too loose, kept hitting the cap shroud, fixed at sea.
    5) Got water in the aft lazerate (need to replace gasket on hatch)

Items to work on:

1) Going aloft. I went up about 150 miles out, made it to the first spreaders, what a wild ride! Thank god I had my climbing helmet on! I need a system to stay attached to the staysail while going up, after that, I’ll be close enough to the mast to wrap a line around.
    2) More sun shade. Wearing a hat gives me a headache after a while.
    3) Drying out clothes ASAP.

I missed milk, I love cereal. Also, why does classical music sound so good out there?

AJ
    Sounds like a very productive shakedown - you should be ready! You can usually find the longlife milk in cereal size servings in the kids lunchbox/juicebox sections in most grocery stores now.

- Mark

Warrior's Wish is home from the LatePac. Came back through the gate Monday afternoon. Will write more later. Has anyone heard from Adam, Sam or Tom?