Thread: Sailing Instructions

Default Sailing Instructions

I want to offer a suggestion to the Board for future Sailing Instructions...for those amended at the last minute as well as for the those published for each race at the beginning of the season.

The suggestion relates to the telephone number for the race committee...the number we are to call if retiring from the race or, in the case of the Farallones Race, the number we can call for position reports after 10:00 PM.

The Sailing Instructions as currently published do not actually give the telephone number; instead we are given: (866) SAIL SSS. (Note: the standing Sailing Instruction do provide both the actual number and the SAIL SSS phrase....but the Sailing Instructions for individual races do not).

I, as one example, use a BlackBerry phone and the SAIL SSS phrase is absolutely useless on my phone...I need to know the actual NUMBERS!!!

So please, publish future Sailing Instructions with the actual PHONE NUMBER...not some catchy phrase that works for some and is useless to others.

Thanks

PS...thanks to the Board for all of your hard work on the many issues that allow us to race safely in and out of the Bay!
    Richard
    Libations Too

Numbers with the "SAIL SSS" is a good idea (it's slow to type the name) The idea of the name is so you don't forget it when you need to check out of a race. If you don't you will have to work on the race deck on a future race. And we have names.

Jonathan,

You may have missed my point: On my BlackBerry it is IMPOSSIBLE TO TYPE THE NUMBERS if all I have for numbers are SAIL SSS. I need the REAL NUMBERS (not letters).
    Richard
    Libations Too

Use this
    http://phonespell.org/

sailsss => 724-5777