Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHTP 2010 Roll Call, Communications Plan posted

Default SHTP 2010 Roll Call, Communications Plan posted

Blue Moon calling out the SHTP fleet of 2010....

Where are you? And what are you up to?

s/v Blue Moon: Currently in Sausalito...ironing out a few last minute projects and will be hauling out on June 4th for some much needed painting! Where is everybody?
    Last edited by BobJ; 06-10-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Second Verse here...

I'm repositioning the manual bildge pump in the cockpit, attaching extra canvas to the bimini for more sun shade, getting a spare main halyard made, starting to look at food runs to Trader Joes.

I just got some stugeron tablets from the UK, let's see how the windy reach is going to feel now! Probably just the same, oh well, that's why it's wet, to wash everything away.

I will be anchored outside of Corinthian this Saturday night, just south of the channel, if anyone is around, stop by and say hi. You can raft up and I have plenty of beers!

AJ

Wink

Solar Wind is home at South Beach. Unfortunately I'm at work (the paying job), but looking forward to three solid days of boat work this weekend. Hope to get the solar panels mounted and wired, finalize the SSB antenna and grounding setup, and work out the Monitor/tiller attachment.

The wind gauge went wacko during the SH Farallones, so I need to do some diagnostics (it's Navman/Northstar, so I've been through this before) and replace the offending component. Winches need servicing. Drinking water system needs a little bleach. I want to set up an outgrabber, and move the engine electrical panel somewhere higher so that it won't get drowned by a wave in the cockpit. Little stuff like that.

Max

Hi Adam and AJ,

I am taking a short break at home but back to the boat Saturday AM. Rafting outside the Corinthian sounds like fun, need to make sure the windlass is working anyway. Boat made it through the SSS Farallons Race, so next step HI. I finished rebuilding the cabinetry on the starboard side of the boat. Now to finish the radar installation and the cabinetry in the galley. I too was inventorying and finalizing provisioning lists for HI today.

Rob - Why don't you and LaDonna come and hang out in Silent Sun or Feolena. Sooo many choices. Or you can come over in a dinghy and stay on Dream Chaser. More choices. If you decide to dinghy over, remember the only thing I have for drinks is tea, Crystal Light and booze. I *do* have plently of food.....

Sounds like fun, hope others come. I will even put the dinghy and motor back on board.

AJ - I will have beer and wine and Scotch, but thanks for the offer. South of the Channel??? Do you mean the cove west of Ayala on Angel Island. If not, you could you forward rough coordinates or other description in case I am there before you?

John
    Dream Chaser

Default Where are you? And what are you up to?

Nice to hear from you guys! Saturday raft up does sound like fun...Blue Moon may have to swing by...I am also curious where AJ is anchoring? Let us know AJ... John...It was nice hearing you guys chat on the SSB during my recent qualifying sail...now if I could only transmit That is currently on my list of stuff to do...along with a few deck hardware additions, preventer setup, and re-bedding a few things up around the bow that LEAKED on my recent trip...the food buying has already begun for Blue Moon...Lots of snacks and tea

Warrior's Wish is in the slip in Alameda. Some last minute work to improve SSB performance and a few other little projects, and she'll be ready to race to Hanalei. The boat's owner and 2008 SHTP vet Don Gray will be here from the east coast for some sailing this weekend.

*NEWSFLASH NEWSFLASH NEWSFLASH* -"THE GENERAL" has just arrived in Alameda. Story at 11....

37 52.148 N
    122 27.346 W

It shoals pretty quickly there, but if you enter slowly, drop the hook at about 12-15 feet, it is a great anchorage with a beautiful view of Tiburon, Angel Island, and The City!

I'll be there around 1700. It should be a warm evening, great moon, perfect!

Come one, come all...the more the merrier. Sail over, dingy over, canoe...

AJ

We've been working on Hecla all week and going out for testing and tuning the next days. It has been a bit rough working on this and thinking about Tom.

This week I installed a backup autopilot, repaired and installed the main, inspected and taped up the rigging, rebuilt the LiFePo4 battery pack charge management system, loaded all the food except fresh produce, and continued the tidying and junk removal. Except for the still-to-be-delivered new spinnaker (and testing it), I am in pretty good shape.

I would still like to get in an SSB test of some sort. I listened in on the Late Pac nights but heard nothing; perhaps it was city interference, or I had the wrong time. Nothing on the system has changed, but then too rust never sleeps (and corrosion). I read that the spin cup racers will do something but I saw no mention of a time or frequency. Does anybody know of an on the boat professional testing service?

All in all the boat and I are in much better condition that last time. I keep watching the weather, hoping for a fast year. Today's GRIBs show quite a mess in the whole race area, nothing resembling a compact and stationary high pressure center.

Jeff Lebesch
    Hecla

AJ Thanks for the coordinates. I will probably be there before you. I have to work on the radar installation and might as well do it there. For Adam, I can bring some test equipment and we can look at your HF installation if you like. For Jeff, we can look at yours also if you like sometime. I can also do radio checks for anyone from home today which is about 55 miles southeast of the bay. I will monitor 4B (4149) when I am inside today. Alternatively, you can call me at 408-897-3055 and we can do it anytime today if I'm not in the middle of something. I will probably be gone from about 4:15 until 9PM tonight and not on too long after 9. I will leave the radio on Saturday and Sunday, same channel, and can talk then if I'm not up the mast. Ronnie, you and Don and the General should come by too. The more the merrier.

John
    Dream Chaser

Idefix is at the dock on Lake Washington in Seattle. Working on tying down the water tanks, liferaft, lee cloths, replacing the melted battery wires (oops!), finalizing the emergency rudder hardware, configuring autopilots, swinging the compass, installing the barometer, sewing up the spinnaker net, fixing a couple sails... it's going to be a busy weekend!

I'm pretty jealous of those of you that have everything sorted out already.

Adrian