Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Race Progress

Default Race Progress

The race status reports indicate Mirage is back in port. Is everything okay?

Eyrie
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

Last I heard, Ben was getting ready to head back out. He either wants one of the Odom family t-shirts or he wanted to spot George enough time to keep it close.

He was having charging/battery problems (Mirage doesn't have an engine) - I'll let Lucie chime in with more details if she wants to.
    Last edited by BobJ; 06-20-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Default Mirage back out

Giving TAZ!! a 25 hour head start...and no, don't want the tshirt! Wet boat and no power were the causes, all ok now.

What's up with Bandicoot?

Default Go Mirage

Good to see Mirage is back on track.

Default Mirage, bummer

Sad to hear Mirage is turning back again...

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Not sure if the rumb line strategy is going to pan out, latest positions vs. surface chart from Pt Reyes weatherfax

Default Keep an eye on tropical depression Blas and Hurricane Celia

On the bottom right of the weatherfax, TD Blas is dying out but headed straight for Hawaii. Hurricane Celia is right behind it, also headed for Hawaii at the moment, and still gaining power.
    R Sailor

Last edited by BobJ; 06-21-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    Not sure if the rumb line strategy is going to pan out, latest positions vs. surface chart from Pt Reyes weatherfax
    I'd agree - the current forecasts suggest Hecla is essentially already in the ridge as the ridge forms, and the folks to the north are going to have lighter air shortly. It's not clear to me that the fleet would be able to get far enough south to avoid the forecast's large area of light air that may show up.

South is good, if you can get there. The only boat that can really steam along is Hecla, and it's not obvious that even Jeff to could bail out far enough south to overcome the extra miles sailed.

So I expect everyone is going to pretty much slow down for a while, and the south boats are likely to do better in the near term than those 200 miles to the north.

- rob/beetle

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Stodieck View Post
    On the bottom right of the weatherfax, TD Blas is dying out but headed straight for Hawaii. Hurricane Celia is right behind it, also headed for Hawaii at the moment, and still gaining power.
    Yep, hurricane season is here. So far nothing to get excited about for the fleet, and something to keep half an eyeball on in the weatherfax.

- rob/beetle