Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Race Progress

Default Overlays

Thank You for doing the overlays, dumbs down the process for me.

Default Bandicoot heading back out

I spoke with Al Germain at about 1430. He was on Bandicoot at RYC and preparing to leave the dock to give it another try. Max ebb at GG was about 1510.

At around 16:00 on 6/23/2010, Ben 'Mirage' Mewes and Al 'Bandicoot' Germain sailed out of Richmond YC harbor on their way to Hanalei Bay!

Ben's voice was upbeat and he's excited to catch up to some of the other racers while they park themselves for a little while. Ben said he's all loaded up with Gorilla tape and a full charge in the battery bank, so there's no stopping him now. Go Ben and Al!

Go Ben !!! Go Al !! See you in Hanalei....

Fair winds and straight wakes

Jim/Haulback

I received a call from Ben at 20:15, and he is on his way back to Richmond. Mirage is taking on too much water, and Ben feels his decision is the right one considering the circumstances. Wise decision my friend...2120 nautical miles is a hell of a long way to go when your boat is that thirsty!

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

the High is unstable, but today's chart validates the 48 hr forecast from 2 days ago. I think the next day or so will really suck for the rhumbline guys. Solar Wind is killing them all on corrected time, looks like.

Default Progress Comparison

Here is the compilation of the recent progress.

Default standings...

So I've done some approximations. Don't want to generate any controversy here, but I find it interesting and thought sharing it. I've calculated what I think are the current standings in the race. It is a rough approximation. I'm using the start time of 11 AM on the 19th (I know that is not completely accurate), and I'm calculating time to finish based on the last 24 hr VMG average. So, with these assumptions and approximations in mind, this is what the corrected overall standings are looking like right now:

Warriors Wish
    Solar Wind
    Idefix
    Saraband
    Hecla
    Pakele
    Southernaire
    Harrier
    Culebra
    Taz!!
    Bandicoot
    Second Verse
    Blue Moon
    Dream Chaser

With some of the slowdowns some folks are having these standings will likely bounce around a lot until folks get in the more consistent trades.

Enjoy!

Thanks, Dan. I'm really pulling for Max. He'd be a great commodore for the next two years. My othert nominee, if a local dosen't win would be..............you.

So, folks, let's hear it for Max and Dan.

Bill Merrick

Default wish I could

Go Max, I do hope he pulls through.... Seems like he has put himself in a good position. But time (and the unstable High) will tell.

Re. Commodore. Wish I could at this time, but not likely. Too many other responsibilities at this time. Max has my vote.