Thread: new to gps coordinates

Default new to gps coordinates

Last Friday night off the Berkeley marina made me REALLY appreciate my $79 Horizon handheld GPS. The fog was so thick that I only glimpsed three ghost boats during the whole race out to Olympic D and back.

Needless to say, I want to get the coordinates right in case the South Beach Saturday is foggy. In the instructions the NAS Alameda channel mark to round is "R2" Fl R 4 s.

On the chart there is a "R2" Fl R 2.5s and a "R4" Fl R 4 s, but I cannot find "R2" Fl R 4 s.

So, which to round? In a Cal 20 I'm usually way behind you all, so I want to make sure I circle the correct mark. Please advise. Jackie Philpott, Dura Mater.

Jackie,

It appears that you're looking at the channel markers for the Oakland harbor and Estuary. The NAS channel is on the south side (outside) of Alameda. #2 is off the southwest corner of the island.

See you out there,
    Max

Default NAS channel buoy R"2"FlR4s

Max
    thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    Jackie,

It appears that you're looking at the channel markers for the Oakland harbor and Estuary. The NAS channel is on the south side (outside) of Alameda. #2 is off the southwest corner of the island.

See you out there,
    Max
    Click this Link to see what Max means

John of Blueberry