Thread: SHTP at the Annual Meeting

Default SHTP at the Annual Meeting

The SSS Annual Meeting is coming up on Wednesday October 27th (right after the Vallejo 1-2 awards).

We'd like to recap the 2010 SHTP via stories, anecdotes or outright lies from those of you who participated. Among other things, this is a chance to "plant the seed" in the minds of other SSS racers about joining us in 2012. Merely describing the Super Trees and LaDonna-Tais should do the trick, but I'm sure you have other highlights to share.

SHTP skippers, even if you aren't racing to Vallejo please come to the meeting. Thanks.

Edit - If you have pictures to share (good motivational material) please bring them along. The OYC has a digital projector and screen we could use, or printed pictures are good. (Probably can't handle slides though.) We could even have a row of laptops on the side with your own set of images running - all that stuff.
    Last edited by BobJ; 10-07-2010 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    (Probably can't handle slides though.)
    I can bring a slide projector! Just say the word.

Default SHTP Annual Meeting

Unfortunately Team Blue Moon will not be able to make the meeting. I will be on the East Coast from the 22nd of Oct to Nov 1. Is there any chance we could set up a speaker phone situation much like we had for each of the SHTP 2010 Seminars? That way...non-local SHTP 2010 skippers and other local but out town skippers could listen in and contribute to the discussion? Your thoughts?

Adam
    s/v Blue Moon
    www.oceanslogic.com

I was never able to get the wonderful speakerphone to work.

Any chance tyfka Blue Moon could "cruise in" to the Vallejo Yacht Club on the 16th? I'm thinking about a raft up of SHTP vets, present and past - fly the burgees, wear the swag, etc. I count 6 or 7 vets (so far) doing the race, plus any who cruise in. Silent Sun? Ronnie?

Okay, so the raft up is a no-go - see below. I suppose you could still cruise in. You'll need to reserve dinner tickets.
    Last edited by BobJ; 10-07-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Great idea - BUT, docking boats up after the Vallejo race can be exciting, especially since we don't know and won't know how many boats are racing until next Wednesday.

Looking forward to seeing the SHTP class of 2010 at the Oakland YC on Wednesday, October 27 at 2130.

Bill Merrick
    The Power That Be

Default SHTP Vets in Vallejo

With three days until entries close, there are a dozen SHTP vets signed up for the Vallejo 1-2. Do you know who they are? (Identifying a couple of them requires digging into the archives.)

Fly those SHTP burgees in Vallejo and let the rest of the SSS know you've raced to Hawaii!

I am doing the 2 with Alchera, we will fly the burgee at the club and on the way home with pride!

AJ

Default SHTP 2010 Vets

Don't forget the meeting this Wednesday night. Please bring a story, anecdote or outright lie to tell about your SHTP experience this Summer (or I'll have to make something up, and that wouldn't be good).

Thanks,
    Your friendly ex-Co-Chair