Thread: New Boat 4 Sled

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    Nice find, Dazzler! You win a copy of Sailing on Wildflower, along with Intermission.
    In the Spring of 1978, when my daughter was three and my son not yet a glimmer, I bought a copy of a cute little “children’s” sailing storybook called “Sailing on Firefly” featuring the adventures of George the turtle and Robert the bear. Coincidentally, two of my brothers are named George and Robert. This little book was shared with both of my children and kept aboard two different sailboats for over 18 years. Fast forward to November 2017 and sleddog is visiting our home and I point out that I have a copy of “Sailing on Firefly.” His eyes lit up and he explanted that not only did he not have a copy, but that he would love to have the opportunity to share the story with his sweetheart’s little granddaughter. What could I say? I’m happy to say that’s where my copy went.

I had this clipping from the May 1978 Latitude 38 in my copy.
    Name:  C1F70B36-A08A-496E-8867-B3184E9C3181.jpeg
Views: 731
Size:  269.5 KB

At this point, my children and grandchildren are all grown up. I don’t really need a copy of the new “Sailing on Wildflower.” I’m willing to bequeath “my copy” to Jackie P. with the condition that she agrees to respect the original artwork and resist coloring the wonderful line drawings.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Stay safe, and don’t drive your car through deep water. That’s what boats are for.
    Last edited by Dazzler; 01-02-2023 at 11:15 PM.
    Tom P.