Page 502 of 628 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 6278

Thread: New Boat 4 Sled

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    In this year's Pac Cup Eric is skippering the Synergy 1000 PEARL. Welcome back Good Buddy!
    I talked to John last night at the Goslings Rum party. John is one of Eric's crew on Pearl. It sounds like they might have rather been racing Polar Bear, which Eric still owns and is fully cherried-out. Since Pearl is completely powered up in just eight knots of breeze, John said the wipeouts were frequent and robust.

Lots of great conversations last night with many people we all know - too many to list here (and I need to go refill the tanks before the awards party later).

More to come...

Daniel Alvarez is also a SHTP vet lurking around the pool.

Sleddog currently resident in Tomales for the 110 District 56 Championships, leading to the Nationals next month at IYC.

Congrats to SURPRISE, Rebecca, Synbad, Mark, and crew for their class win in the PAC CUP! Syn: can you show us your new trophy clock and beautiful Koa bowls? Unlike PEARL, SURPRISE only had one round up, in a 28 knot squall. Macapuno for who first tells us the driver...

Closer to home ask me which well respected 110 skipper had their anchor shift in the back of his SUV as he rounded a corner yesterday on SFD enroute to Tomales. The anchor fluke hit the propane torch ON button and trigger simultaneously, igniting the flame. The skipper noticed smoke then flame arising from inside the back of his car and pulled over, to discover his canvas tool ditty bag being torched. Lucky that, because above and nearby the flame was his much more flammable new suit of red and blue bag sails!

Trivia: what safety gear should one carry when transporting an anchor? The answer is 1) fire extinguisher 2) ?

And if you were wondering, no it was not sleddog. And yes I did see the burned ditty bag.
    Last edited by sleddog; 07-23-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Macapuno for who first tells us the driver...
    The autopilot?

Sleddog currently resident in Tomales for the 110 District 56 Championships, leading to the Nationals next month at IYC.

Congrats to SURPRISE, Rebecca, Synbad, Mark, and crew for their class win in the PAC CUP! Syn: can you show us your new trophy clock and beautiful Koa bowls? Unlike PEARL, SURPRISE only had one round up, in a 28 knot squall. Macapuno for who first tells us the driver...

Closer to home ask me which well respected 110 skipper had his anchor shift in the back of his SUV as he rounded a corner yesterday on SFD enroute to Tomales. The anchor fluke hit his propane torch thumb screw and trigger simultaneously, unbelievably igniting the flame. The skipper noticed smoke arising inside the back of his car and pulled over, to discover his tool ditty bag being torched. Lucky that, because above and nearby the flame was his new suit of of red and blue bag sails!

Trivia: what safety gear should one carry when transporting an anchor? The answer is 1) fire extinguisher 2) ?

And if you were wondering, no it was not sleddog. And yes I did see the burned ditty bag.

Vegas rules on the boat. We will probably never know who was at the helm during the round up. What happens on the boat stays on the boat.

Closer to home ask me which well respected 110 skipper had his anchor shift in the back of his SUV as he rounded a corner yesterday on SFD enroute to Tomales.
    Was it Bren Meyer? Surely that would not happen to our friend Milly?

Name:  SmartShoes Running.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  1.84 MB
    Today on Tomales Bay, 110 District 56 Championships. Thanks to Michael Sporer for the photo of SMART SHOES, #695, taken from the trap with daughter Emma driving OREMUS, 110 #004
    Last edited by sleddog; 07-23-2022 at 09:43 PM.

Name:  SmartShoes Running.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  1.84 MB
    Today on Tomales Bay, 110 District 56 Championships. Thanks to Michael Sporer for the photo of SMART SHOES, #695, taken from the trap with daughter Emma driving OREMUS, 110 #004

Fun! Sleddog getting back to his small boat One Design roots!
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

The 110 Class District Champs after 2 days and 5 races are Bren Meyer/Eric Menzel on their red LADYBUG, #300 in this short, excellent video. Congrats to them being consistently in the front of the pack, ready to pounce when mental or boat handling lapses were made..

One boat handling lapse on my part was the downwind finish of 2nd race. We were even with Bren 3 lengths from the line. But with neither laying the line we would both have to gybe, which we did simultaneously, Bren on the outside. Our spinnaker collapsed, Bren hailed leeward boat, I turned up and lost control, spinning out and Bren won by a length. Ouch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qPO...w?usp=drivesdk

Sean Callagy and I were 2nd on grey hull, #695, SMART SHOES. And David West, #693 was 3rd on blue hulled, GUNSMOKE.

Saturday's racing was a bit grueling for the old farts...with 22 miles of sailing 18 legs in 3 races in good breeze...Not sure if more damage to my body or the boat, hihi.. Great to see women skippering and crewing in the 110's. Well done Annie Lewis, Emma Sporer, Milly Biller, Anna-Pia, Cynthia G. and Kathy S. In the video, Milly's PINK has bow #6, and Kathy is crewing the other pink boat with her father Chris Longacre. Video by Michael Sporer, with daughter Emma.
    Last edited by sleddog; 07-26-2022 at 07:20 AM.

Wonderful video, indeed! I understand completely why you are spending time up there!