Page 393 of 628 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443493 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 6278

Thread: New Boat 4 Sled

While I'm sure the homemade pasta sauce is excellent, I didn't do all that research just for pasta sauce.
    Last edited by BobJ; 08-27-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Cool ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    While I'm sure the homemade pasta sauce is excellent, I didn't do all that research just for pasta sauce.
    Bob~
    Hold out for the ICE CREAM!
    The Islander pick is great, it exposes the bottom dead rise to give us a clue to the minimum wake.
    And, the pic of Wild Flower surfing the CBC driveway, reminds me that WF is no longer a fixture at the CBC.

So if SUPs do not qualify as boats, this thread should be renamed "NO BOAT 4 SLED"
    Last edited by Howard Spruit; 08-29-2020 at 08:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Huh...great story about Olive B. I'm going to have to keep an eye out when I'm down there.

I'm feeling outta tha' loop. I've never been to the CBC!
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Why not this my next boat? https://www.proboat.com/2018/04/stac...able-sailable/

Err, maybe because it takes 2 to assemble, doesn't come with foils, and costs a mere $12,000 plus shipping from France. Did I mention I guarantee I could break it when sailing?

Nope, I have something else in mind more suitable, ocean worthy, faster to assemble, and 96% less expensive, all up.

AlanH, you're always welcome to visit CBC. Unfortunately, the boatyard is currently void of craft, and the museum complex temporarily closed. But Synthia was here a week ago with Rreveur. And CBC does carry a good supply of quality puppy equipment and dog and cat food. History walks and Marianne's Ice Cream headquarters are nearby.

Some of you will remember Mike "Admiral' Duvall, local rigger now living on Cape Cod with his family and "Sonoma" the golden corn snake. Mike was laid off when Hall Spars closed in Bristol, RI, and, among other projects at home and afloat, is now making quality dog leashes from Endura braid with 2 loop splices and SS swivel snap shackle.

3 dogs on leash. Here I am walking Lily, the party girl, and Emmy, suspicious guard dog, with Mike's leashes.

Name:  Leashes.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  570.8 KB

PS: Santa Cruz Boardwalk in the background is closed and has laid off more than 300 people. May reopen next year according to management I have spoken with.
    Last edited by sleddog; 08-31-2020 at 11:07 AM.

I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy a new PT-11, built by a Marin cabinetmaker and advertised on Craigslist. He wanted $4k for it (with sailing rig), which seemed like a lot at the time. It also wouldn't quite fit into the back of Connie's Prius V, let alone into my Insight.

Russell has stopped making the kits (at least for now) and the value of those boats has gone way up. They are beautiful boats that sail very well. That Reverso doesn't do it for me.
    Last edited by BobJ; 08-30-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy a new PT-11, built by a Marin cabinetmaker and advertised on Craigslist. He wanted $4k for it (with sailing rig), which seemed like a lot at the time. It also wouldn't quite fit into the back of Connie's Prius V, let alone into my Insight.

Russell has stopped making the kits (at least for now) and the value of those boats has gone way up. They are beautiful boats that sail very well. That Reverso doesn't do it for me.
    The PT-11, built by Ashlyn and Russell Brown of Port Townsend, is just a beautiful and functional water craft.
    When they built the first PT-11, JZERRO and WILDFLOWER, a total of 3.5 hulls, were rafted at Deer Harbor, Orcas Island. I bet Russell a six pack I could best him rowing his PT-11 out 50 yards and back, using a watch and WILDFLOWER's Speed Puck for confirmation.

I went first, and felt Russ would have a hard time beating my 5.5 knot average as timed by Ashlyn. Russ went off, and came back at 6.5 knot average.. Alex Spear was so impressed he built one, non-nesting, as a tender for his VITO DUMAS. I believe it was Alex who first demonstrated a PT-11 would plane under sail.

The rowing part was verified by Inger Rankins, who rowed a nesting PT-11 in the 2018 Seventy/48 in an Iron Women performance of sub 20 hours, besting 70% fleet except the high performance sculls and double kayaks. No fluke this, Inger did it again in 2019.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APJ4PbTW1hg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQesTNs1m94
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP3N_qTqPEo

Yiii Doggies Inger.
    Last edited by sleddog; 08-30-2020 at 09:31 PM.

On the PT Watercraft webpage, I noticed that no more orders were being taken for the PT boats. Does anyone know if he has stopped making the kits, or his backlog of orders too large?

The PT 11 and Spear are super boats, especially the way Russell builds one!

Ants

Thanks for the update on Admiral. I’ve often wondered what became of him in the last couple of decades since he worked for Rich at Richmond Yacht Service.

Tom

Not every day a parrot and his custom winch handle gain headlines. Check out Jim Donavan's "Robert" aboard the Newland's ex-PEGGY SUE XIV.

https://www.ptleader.com/stories/rob...he-races,70712

WHAT? No more PT-11 kits?

Hey there's a Clancy for sale on CL... https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/boa...186063053.html

Clancy was a project conceived by the Flounder Bay Lumber guys. I have the book. I don't know if they still make kits.

https://duckworksmagazine.com/06/pro...ancy/index.htm
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"