Page 491 of 628 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 6278

Thread: New Boat 4 Sled

Matthew Turner from EOS while returning from Sausalito on Thursday. I windsurfed with Tanguy at Crissy, super nice guy.

Name:  IMG_9639.JPG
Views: 841
Size:  3.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    Correct, PJ. Tanguy, Saskia, and two boys Billy (7) and Tao (4) live and sail out of Sausalito. Telltales coming to you at 1136 Grand St.
    Thanks, looking forward to adding them to CaB.

I learned an interesting fact during a recent unplanned tour of the Matthew Turner (okay they rescued us). MT's props are always turning; either providing propulsion, or generating electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas View Post
    I learned an interesting fact during a recent unplanned tour of the Matthew Turner (okay they rescued us).
    Ok, I'll bite, what's the story here?

Name:  SmartShoes.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  63.0 KB

Today's races at Inverness were held in variable conditions, southwest to northwest winds and back. Telltales earned their keep. Here's SMART SHOES, current flagship of CBC
    Last edited by sleddog; 06-12-2022 at 10:11 PM.

Pretty little vessel , nice sails, happy Sled Dog. Maybe you will move up there?

Gee Sled you singlehanding? I wonder if they would let the RoG in the open class.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Ok, I'll bite, what's the story here?
    We were trying to move an engineless Farallone Clipper off of the docks across from MT during one of those north wind events. We were using a Cal 20! It wasn't happening.
    MT took us alongside in her lee until the winds abated.
    Name:  KIMG0175 2.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  134.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas View Post
    Gee Sled you singlehanding? I wonder if they would let the RoG in the open class.
    Racing is a central part of activity at Inverness Yacht Club. Whether you are an experienced competitor or relatively new to sailing, racing provides opportunities to improve your skills in a setting that is fun, supportive and safe. The Club’s racing program embodies the best values of competition in a friendly, communal atmosphere. If you don’t own a boat, club members are often looking for crew; crewing for an experienced sailor is a great way to learn and improve.

IYC has an active racing fleet of International 110's, and a diverse group of dinghies that compete in an Open Class using the Portsmouth handicap rating system. Regardless of what type of boat you sail, you are welcome and encouraged to join the fun.

IYC hosts multiple series of buoy races, the traditional Half Hog and Hog Island "long distance" races, and occasional informal outings for fun and practice. Racing is usually one day, every other weekend. An enthusiastic volunteer race committee supports competitive and safe racing in one of the most beautiful venues in the world. Prevailing weather conditions usually result in windward-leeward courses that align well with the geography of Tomales Bay.

The Open Class to which you refer has a most varied list of participants including Day Sailors, Snipes, FD's, Wetas, Flying Scots, Nelson 18's, and others. Some are raced singlehanded. I'm sure the RoG would be welcomed although windward/leeward may not be her strong point. Launching is by one of two available hoists. Entry fees are nominal.
    Last edited by sleddog; 06-15-2022 at 05:15 AM.

Name:  Weta.png
Views: 720
Size:  502.3 KB

The start of the R2K early Monday was brutal on the smaller, slower boats. 37 knots of WSW wind meets 4 knots of westerly flowing current near Pt. Wilson at the start of the 40 mile crossing from PT to Victoria. One racer did a backflip pitchpole. Fortunately, no one died.

Name:  Weta2.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  59.2 KB

There's a Weta trimaran floating out there someplace in the Eastern Straits of Juan de Fuca with no one aboard.
    Last edited by sleddog; 06-15-2022 at 09:16 PM.