Page 576 of 631 FirstFirst ... 76476526566572573574575576577578579580586626 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 6305

Thread: New Boat 4 Sled

Name:  Montana de Morro.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  1.55 MB

After being mined, blasted, and quarried for many years, it's amazing anything still remains of 600 foot Morro Rock, a significant landmark at the entrance to Morro Bay. As most know, Morro Rock is off limits and illegal to climb on due to cultural significance as well as nesting peregrines. For a bowl of Macapuno who or what tried to ascend Morro Rock before being apprehended by authorities. One guess only/24 hours.

1. A blind Boy Scout trying for his rock climbing merit badge.
    2. A juvenile black bear who presumably forgot to put batteries in his GPS.
    3. A large male beaver looking for the last remaining tree, a large pine, to gnaw down.
    4. A local Day Sailor skipper whose spinnaker inexplicably became detached at all 3 corners and flew itself halfway up Morro Rock before snagging on a cactus.
    5. A large Pacific octopus on walkabout from his home in the nearby breakwater.
    6. MOJO's large rubber dinghy that detached from MOJO when she was wrecked in the Entrance. The dinghy became airborne and landed partway up Morro Rock.
    7. Tabarly, when he briefly stopped at Morro Bay Yacht Club in 1969 with PEN DUICK V, enroute to his SHTP record of 39 days, SF to Tokyo.
    8. Photographer Ansel Adams.
    9. An escaped zebra from San Simeon who got loose when the trailer relocating him overturned on nearby Highway 1.
    10. Lux, a small dog being walked by his mistress at the foot of Morro Rock when he was picked off by a dive bombing peregrine and flown back to the nest.
    Last edited by sleddog; 05-14-2023 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    Attachment 8395

After being mined, blasted, and quarried for many years, it's amazing anything still remains of 600 foot Morro Rock, a significant landmark at the entrance to Morro Bay. As most know, Morro Rock is off limits and illegal to climb on due to cultural significance as well as nesting peregrines. For a bowl of Macapuno who or what tried to ascend Morro Rock before being apprehended by authorities. One guess only/24 hours.

3. A large male beaver looking for the last remaining tree, a large pine, to gnaw down.
    4. A local Day Sailor skipper whose spinnaker inexplicably became detached at all 3 corners and flew itself halfway up Morro Rock before snagging on a cactus.
    6. MOJO's large rubber dinghy that detached from MOJO when she was wrecked in the Entrance. The dinghy became airborne and landed partway up Morro Rock.
    7. Tabarly, when he briefly stopped at Morro Bay Yacht Club in 1969 with PEN DUICK V, enroute to his SHTP record of 39 days, SF to Tokyo.
    9. An escaped zebra from San Simeon who got loose when the trailer relocating him overturned on nearby Highway 1.
    10. Lux, a small dog being walked by his mistress at the foot of Morro Rock when he was picked off by a dive bombing peregrine and flown back to the nest.
    No basis for any guess, but Lux, the small dog seems possible. Choice 10

Ants

Quote Originally Posted by AntsUiga View Post
    No basis for any guess, but Lux, the small dog seems possible. Choice 10

Ants
    Sorry Ants. Lux is a real puppy, but has never flown under a peregrine. Try again tomorrow. 9 guesses remaining.
    Last edited by sleddog; 05-14-2023 at 07:39 AM.

Because of size restrictions here are a couple of more pics from Morro Bay and vicinity:

The sinkhole in the cavern ceiling at Coon Creek Beach
    Name:  Montana de Oro Sinkhole.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  1.07 MB

The wreck of MOJO by a breaking wave at Morro Bay entrance, mentioned in trivia answer #6
    Name:  MOJO.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  119.6 KB

3 Stacks with Craig paddling in the foreground. The stacks and the large building are slated for demolition. Fat chance there is enough money, and much permitting necessary.
    Name:  Montana de Oro 3 stacks.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  1.42 MB
    Last edited by sleddog; 05-14-2023 at 07:56 AM.

I have no idea but your games are fun.

I do not know the answer, but if one choice in the list had involved a badger, I would have guessed that one. The only place and time I have seen a live badger was at the end of Morro spit at dawn while entering the harbor in thick fog. It was foraging along the wrack line.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    I have no idea but your games are fun.
    Sorry, Jackie, Not #6. Although MOJO suffered major damage in the breaking wave, her inflatable dinghy did not make it ashore onto Morro Rock. Try again tomorrow, but you got to get up early to beat Ants.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I do not know the answer, but if one choice in the list had involved a badger, I would have guessed that one. The only place and time I have seen a live badger was at the end of Morro spit at dawn while entering the harbor in thick fog. It was foraging along the wrack line.Sam
    Hi Sam, Thanks for the info about the sighting of a badger on Morro Spit in thick fog...Wow, who would have thought. Ranger Vicky, are you listening? Badgers are listed as a sensitive species in the Morro Bay area. I've seen them in the Sierra, but never on a coastal beach...
    Last edited by sleddog; 05-14-2023 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    Name:  Montana de Morro.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  1.55 MB

My guess is 8 Photographer Ansel Adams

I'll try #7 Tabarly.
    The Sea is my Church; the Boat is my Pew.