Page 235 of 628 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 6278

Thread: New Boat 4 Sled

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Flux capacitor
    This answer from BobJ takes the cake if not the egg nog and brandy. A "Flux Capacitor," as invented by Doc Brown in Back to the Future allows time travel in the DeLorean Time Machine....which of course is what WILDFLOWER is and does. Just add plutonimium. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhU862ONFys

SORRY~
    My resistance, and control have slipped to the level of a cheap PUN.
    This usually only happens when my Capacitor gets all "FLUXED UP" :>}

Here's the current state of Howard's "hole to nowhere" in the 3/8" floor of WILDFLOWER's cockpit.

Name:  pedaldrive8.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  721.0 KB

And here's the Flux Capacitor before the streamline fairing was added. The unit weighs about 9 pounds and is a combination of Antique Roadshow meets StarTrek: The 73 tooth chain ring and aluminum pedal arms are from a 1960's track bike. The rest is carbon fiber, except for the test mockup, which was a 2x4.

Name:  pedalpower1.jpg
Views: 1396
Size:  685.9 KB

Name:  pedaldrive5.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  792.9 KB

BobJ is half right. We won't be competing in the 2018 AR2AK unless Howard builds us 5 foot bow and stern extensions and we saw the boat in half to add 4 feet of beam. Did I mention the AR2AK is traditionally 60% upwind? YUCCA would be the appropriate tool.
    Last edited by sleddog; 11-27-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    BobJ is half right. We won't be competing in the 2018 R2AK unless Howard builds us 5 foot bow and stern extensions and we saw the boat in half to add 4 feet of beam.
    I wouldn't put it past you guys. There are knives at steak!

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    BobJ is half right. We won't be competing in the 2018 R2AK unless Howard builds us 5 foot bow and stern extensions and we saw the boat in half to add 4 feet of beam.

At 3:AM I figured that the above mentioned mod to WF could be done with less that 20 sheets of Okume plywood. In an attempt to establish balance, I also priced steak knifes

From one accountant to another, how'd that pencil out?

And does the allen wrench shift it from forward to reverse thrust?

BTW, Sleddog, Wipperman and KMC make s/s bike chains, if you have not already determined that...one example here: Chain for WF

Quote Originally Posted by MAGICdreamer View Post
    BTW, Sleddog, Wipperman and KMC make s/s bike chains, if you have not already determined that...one example here: Chain for WF
    I can think of some maritime uses for that.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Yesterday afternoon was one of the more pleasant days for sailing in the ocean off Santa Cruz ...mild temps, unrestricted viz, offshore (N) wind of 2-12 knots, and smooth water. It was one tack to Capitola, 3 miles distant, and one tack back, with the only deviation being giving right-of-way to a crossing mother sea otter with baby attached.

Even though a weekend, the nearshore waters were pretty much empty of any sail craft, possibly the result of hangovers from the Lighted Boat Parade the night before. More likely, with so many boats festively lit in their slips, it is too much trouble to unrig the Christmas lights aloft and hoist sail.

Howard and I have completed something different on our building menu. A 5'x5' hundred pound box arrived UPS, with instructions to assemble what was inside, that being about 100 pieces of cut wood, a dozen bags of fasteners, and interior equipment including a plastic stove, sink and faucet, phone, etc. There were no written instructions in three languages, only 20 pages of drawings.

Name:  Playhouse1.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  785.0 KB

Armed with tape measure, square, battery operated drill, clamp, hammer for persuasion, and the assistance of two dogs, we set to work. Somebody had a sense of humor, as the first page of drawings indicated we should assemble the front door flower pot holders. It took us 5.5 hours to complete what initially looks like a refreshment and hamburger stand for the Capitola Small Boat Club, Bengal cat included...but in reality is a child's playhouse for visiting juniors.

Name:  Playhouse2.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  794.9 KB

Shortly after, Synthia arrived at CSBC requesting shower priviledges. It seems she and Terry returned from Thanksgiving to find their watermain under the driveway broken, with repairs to come. Synthia says its now just like living on a boat,fixing leaks and hauling water.

900 miles north, in Sequim, WA, works continues apace on deconstruction of the 1910 cutter TALLY HO. It appears from Leo's well done videos that every piece of his boat is rotten and needs replacement. No worries. 28 year old Leo Sampson Goolden has his rollerskates, parrot, a proper work shop, and enthusiasm and skill beyond measure. TALLY HO will sail again.

http://sampsonboat.co.uk/deck-hatches-and-rollerskates/
    Last edited by sleddog; 12-04-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Looks like a Tabby Cat, exploring new stuff.