Page 352 of 628 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 6278

Thread: New Boat 4 Sled

really nice photos, Skip.

Uh oh. Annie is on her phone. You must be talking boats.

One of the best days in quite awhile, Skip! Thanks for helping to make it all happen. I was properly impressed that the Ol' Sleddog had no problems with the "odd" functioning of the Norwegian Tiller.

(Beautiful sunset/moon rise tonight, helped us celebrate 51 years since she asked shy Ol'whazzisname out on a first date.)

MOLI passing under GG at 12:15 on St.F.Y.C. webcam. Welcome home Randall and Congratulations on a superb planned and executed Figure 8 voyage! PS, your shore crew is the Best.

Sausalito fireboats turn on your pumps!
    Last edited by sleddog; 10-19-2019 at 01:05 PM.

The second leg of the first annual SSS Raid began yesterday from Vallejo YC 15 miles to Napa at 10 a.m.. Skies were sunny, temps warm, wind light, and ebb current strong. Led by mothership DURA MATER, Jim on his Laser RED BISON and Ants in his pretty bright kayak opted for a tow and rode DURA MATER's port and starboard quarter wake in relaxed fashion.

Company aboard DURA MATER was congenial and we enjoyed the scenery and birdlife with almost zero traffic, surprising on such a fine weekend day. Navigation, even without a paper chart, was easy, and depths were consistently 17-26 feet at half tide almost all the way to the Napa 3rd street bridge, where we tied up to the City Dock and went ashore to walk 3 blocks to a rendezvous at Mary and Jim Quanci's for delicious dinner and drinks.

All in all, a relaxed mini-expedition. As stories flowed around the patio deck dinner table, I marveled we represented well over 150 years of combined SSS history between Mary and Jim, Lucy and Ben, Ants, Jackie, and myself.

I happened upon this large tri at Marina Bay. Seems it may be IDEC or one of its iterations. The size comparison to other largest boats in Marina is amazing.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 886
Size:  1.70 MB

I was in touch with the team about a year ago after the boat had been sitting long after the Chuan tragedy. Went back and forth a few times to find out their plans for selling or chartering the boat but it fizzled out. Heard someone was going to make a record attempt but haven't seen any movement in that direction. Shame for such a beast to sit idle and wear away under the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Guo Chuan's boat. Sad story
    Name:  Guo.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  88.2 KB

Jib in the water. No one aboard.

IIRC, when the team recovered the boat, they found a chaffed through tether attached to the aft end of the starboard amma's jackline; the thinking at the time was that GC likely fell while trying to recover the sail and for whatever reason could not re-board before the action of the rudder post wore through the tether strap.
    trying to find the reference...
    DH

Going back a bit, as I haven't checked this thread in a while...

Wee Bonnie is lovely!!
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"