Page 627 of 627 FirstFirst ... 127527577617623624625626627
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 6270

Thread: New Boat 4 Sled

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Hey Sled, I put 1,600 miles on Connie's Prius since Friday, driving to pick up my new ride.

Since you like guessing games, what is it? One random guy thought it was a Jet Ski.

Attachment 8935
    I am far from current on the active dinghy classes.
    The hull seems to have a rocket launcher on the bow.
    The crew will get their exercise, and stay young and spry (just like a 20-year old)!

Have fun! I await the reveal…..

Ants

Hey Sled, I put 1,600 miles on Connie's Prius since Friday, driving to pick up my new ride. Since you like guessing games, what is it? One random guy thought it was a Jet Ski.
    Can't remember a Jet Ski having swept back spreaders. And what's the thing sticking up in the middle? Pray tell, a daggerboard? Tell us you didn't really drive Connie's Prius 800 miles to WA state to buy a Snipe?
    Last edited by sleddog; 03-11-2024 at 05:54 PM.

Ants, the "rocket launcher" is just the jib furler wrapped in foam.

Sled, at the bottom end of that sticking-up thing is a 60 kg bulb.
    Last edited by BobJ; 03-11-2024 at 06:07 PM.

Ants, the "rocket launcher" is just the jib furler wrapped in foam.

Sled, at the bottom end of that sticking-up thing is a 60 kg bulb.
    If this is a quiz and there is macapuno at the end of it, I finally know the answer.

Hey Sled, I put 1,600 miles on Connie's Prius since Friday, driving to pick up my new ride.
    Since you like guessing games, what is it? One random guy thought it was a Jet Ski.
    Name:  K1.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  9.0 KB

I'm guessing your new 15 footer, never launched, singlehander has a jib boom like SURPRISE! once had. But no mizzen, ha! OK1? When is the christening?
    Last edited by sleddog; 03-11-2024 at 08:58 PM.

No idea what that is- except that it is definitely not a Snipe !

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    Name:  K1.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  9.0 KB

I'm guessing your new 15 footer, never launched, singlehander has a jib boom like SURPRISE! once had. But no mizzen, ha! OK1? When is the christening?
    This is a beautifully designed and built singlehander's dinghy. There are 184 of them in the UK and two in Australia. There's only one in the U.S. and as Sled states it was never launched - everything is still in its wrappers. It's going to be a blast putting it together and sailing it. Here's a teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7OejfxgRMI&t=1s

As to how this came about... it was kismet.

The K1 dinghy is remarkably stable in breeze and looks to be nearly impossible to turtle. Here is a capsize with the skipper doing everything wrong, yet he still rights and boards his boat, from the leeward side yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyNm6KOwkPM

Though I would question that it is "gusting 35 knots", here's a short video of rig, launch, sail, and haul a K1 from/to dry storage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1GKhmK3XcI
    Last edited by sleddog; 03-12-2024 at 07:42 AM.

[QUOTE=sleddog;34435]The K1 dinghy is remarkably stable in breeze and looks to be nearly impossible to turtle. Here is a capsize with the skipper doing everything wrong, yet he still rights and boards his boat, from the leeward side yet.

Though I would question that it is "gusting 35 knots", here's a short video of rig, launch, sail, and haul a K1 from/to dry storage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1GKhmK3XcI[/QUOTE}

It actually looks like a very cool little boat , and being sailed and enjoyed by ( not ) spring chickens. Way to go Bob J !
    Last edited by MillyB; 03-13-2024 at 09:45 AM.

The K1 is a delightful little keelboat passing off as a dinghy. I can see where the boat generates a lot of attention.

It seems you have the only K1 in North America. Do have some general ideas on how to get more boats locally after a few sails gets the attention of others.

Inverness Yacht Club has their portsmouth (?) rating that would handicap the K1 against other small boats.

Looking forward to gopro footage from your helmet!

Ants