Page 285 of 628 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 6278

Thread: New Boat 4 Sled

Driving south on College Avenue after dinner at King Yen in Elmwood, there it was! Bright and clear. People were standing in the road and in the middle of intersections looking up at it. Thanks for the heads up, Skip.
    Last edited by Philpott; 10-07-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Default Wow, memory lane...!

[QUOTE=sleddog;21665]While Joan and Alan were "End of Summer" hiking over an 11,000 foot pass in the Eastern Sierra, Annie and I were hiking in a different fashion at sea level. Here's the postcard.

(Catalina photos)

Beautiful photos, bro! I remember so many happy times on that boat, in that location, swimming with the garibaldis and among long seaweed “trees” at one end of Howlands.

Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful photos, bro! I remember so many happy times on that boat, in that location, swimming with the garibaldis and among long seaweed “trees” at one end of Howlands. Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks, Sis! Hope you and Tom have fun immersed in color change on your Utah trip.

On the home front, the view from the nearby cliff is ever changing. Yesterday was a well attended paddle out for a much loved 10 year old who died far too young from brain cancer.

Name:  paddleout.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  325.3 KB

Further along, West Cliff Dr. was closed to cars for much of the day during "Open Streets." More than 5,000 took to the oceanfront on bikes, skateboards, scooters, and on foot to enjoy the bright sunshine and big surf.

A first hand report told of seeing two peregrines cruising the cliff for burgers...and just offshore a sole minke whale sighted as it become airborne. Monterey Bay is known for grey whales, humpbacks, and blue whales. Minkes frequent here also. They are smaller whales, about 25 feet, with a bullet shaped nose.

Name:  Minke.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  83.1 KB

WILDFLOWER has some strange and exotic equipment, much repurposed or re-cycled. This may take the cake, (or ice-cream.)

For a quart of Marianne's Macapuno, what is the below pictured object aboard WF? Some previous incorrect guesses: not a desiccated manta ray; not a radar reflector; not a UFO, nor meant to fly, above water or below; not communications related; not a bird roost, owl house; or bat cave. Not a hood ornament for the foredeck. Not anchoring related.

Name:  TP.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  824.1 KB
    Last edited by sleddog; 10-17-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Hi tech seat for a new PT Watercraft peddler? I love Marianne's Macapuno!! What is Marianne's macapuno?

I have been DISQUALIFIED from the competition so must buy my own ice cream.... oh well.
    I have not, however been banned from sarcastic hints!
    I see this object as a manifestation of paranoia :>)

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Spruit View Post
    I see this object as a manifestation of paranoia :>)
    Oh! Are psychiatric interpretations allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Hi tech seat for a new PT Watercraft peddler? I love Marianne's Macapuno!! What is Marianne's macapuno?
    Marianne's Macapuno? Marianne's is the oldest (1947), Mom and Pop, ice cream store in a town of ice cream stores. https://www.yelp.com/menu/mariannes-.../item/macapuno
    Macapuno is the official CBC (Capitola Boat Club) flavor, according to Ice Cream Captain Synthia.

"Paranoid" insight tells me this is not a hi-tech rowing seat. Guess again, as many times as you like.
    Last edited by sleddog; 10-17-2018 at 02:27 PM.

I'll guess it's an aerodynamic masthead float to keep WF from turtling.

(Spell check doesn't like turtling either.)

Minke whale nose protector?
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"