Page 473 of 628 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 6278

Thread: New Boat 4 Sled

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    And I will supply fresh frozen pomegranate arils...
    Somehow that reminded me of magnolia-scented face towels.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Somehow that reminded me of magnolia-scented face towels.
    Oh BobE, I can't tell you how happy it makes me feel knowing that you remember that.

So, this is Envolee at the start of the Puerto Vallarta race in March 2020

Name:  Thurs3.5 PV race start.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  101.2 KB
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Let me add some additional information that will impact our ETA to Santa Barbara.

1. We intend to depart Richmond YC at 1300 Monday 2/21.
    2. We will linger for a little bit off the coast of Pacifica for a moment of remembrance for my mom's oldest sister that just passed away at age 93.
    3. We intend to anchor after dark.

** one of the above is an untruth.

And I will supply fresh frozen pomegranate arils to go with the Macapuno ice cream.
    My guess is item #3 is the untruth.
    Please add 5 hours to my estimate since a projected departure is known.
    Revised arrival - Tuesday, 3:22 pm.

Ants

It seems there is no competition for the macapuno, so far.

Since I already changed my estimate once, there will be no other changes. However, I will reveal an error in my guess. My basis for the time was the double handed performance by SNAFU (Moore 24) in the Coastal Cup. In a stellar performance, they completed the course in under 22 hours. My oversight was that I did not realize the Coastal Cup started in Monterey. Windy predicted good winds for the Envolee delivery and the crew are not slackers.

Information to contemplate.

Ants

Quote Originally Posted by AntsUiga View Post
    It seems there is no competition for the Macapuno, so far.
    No worries, the Macapuno with pomegranate arils will not be easily pried from the CBC freezer. My guess is 8:33 a.m Wednesday morning, Feb.23. I would remind anyone considering entering this competition that ENVOLEE's passage is a delivery to Santa Barbara, then San Diego for the start of the Puerto Vallarta Race. It behooves Synthia and crew not to break anything, especially light sails. Comparing ENVOLEE's cruising speed with a racing Moore 24 on a full on plane may be a deception. Ants is sneaky like a fox.

So what happened next on SNAFU? Oh dear. / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLYDq4PEJRM
    Last edited by sleddog; 02-19-2022 at 02:28 PM.

I do like Macapuno. It can be found at Andronico's in Monterey, but it is much more fun to eat it at the CBC. Assuming that Envolee starts out at RYC facing the wind, if she raises sail and leaves from there under engine I suppose she can get to the gate in an hour. Then, assuming 349 nm to Santa Barbara from there, with a hull speed of 7.28 knots, in the forecast 20-30 knot winds with wind waves of 10-12' every 13 seconds? Yikes!

Too rich for my blood, however Synthia and crew are all accomplished sailors/racers and they are probably licking their sailing chops for these conditions. Maybe only a delivery, but it will be much faster and more comfortable under sail, small sails, right? For Envolee, who loves big wind, it should be a walk in the park. I have my calculator here in front of me. Let's say they sail conservatively, my guess is Tuesday February 22 @ 7 pm, assuming 10 knots per nautical mile with each one of the cowboys taking turns barrel racing 'round those waves. Easy for me to guess as I'm comfortable and warm and dry. Living vicariously I will assume they plan to sail fast and revel in the glory of the ocean.
    Last edited by Philpott; 02-19-2022 at 04:16 PM.

The Tabby and I, after long contemplation and intricate calculation, estimate arrival time Santa Barbara Weds, 2/23, 11:33am. SDK

Name:  Wanderbird2.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  360.4 KB

A fine shot of CALIFORNIAN chasing down WANDERBIRD. If you count the combined number of sails on both ships and add them to the age of WANDERBIRD's original Cape Horn ("50 South to 50 South") crew member whose birthday is this coming Saturday, you'd get 103.
    Last edited by sleddog; 02-20-2022 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    A fine shot of CALIFORNIAN chasing down WANDERBIRD. If you count the combined number of sails on both ships and add them to the age of WANDERBIRD's original Cape Horn ("50 South to 50 South") crew member whose birthday is this coming Saturday, you'd get 103.
    Quite a guy!
    Will there be cake?

Quote Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
    Quite a guy!
    Will there be cake?
    At his last significant birthday party, we couldn't find the birthday boy. Ultimately, he was found out front working below on his boat. There will be cake for the invited. If you are not, and know this Cape Horner, get in touch and I will put you down as my guest.