Page 475 of 631 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485525575 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 6305

Thread: New Boat 4 Sled

Okay, I looked here: https://nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/publ.../distances.pdf

What a great chart. Says SF to Santa Barbara is 287.

High tide at the Gate is approximately 4 pm. Takes an hour to get over there. Assuming 10 knots (because she's a fast boat with skilled sailors), and given the still big waves, I say 10 pm Wednesday. I also think they might actually prefer to anchor in the outer harbor of Santa Barbara because ... why not? It'll be dark. They'll be tired. They know how and it's no problem. That's my guesstimate and I'm sticking to it. Have fun, Synthia!

Despite Synthia's and the cat's laudable commonsense, the pursuit of Macapuno icecream with arils is on. Thanks to Jackie, we know the distance (287nm) from the Golden Gate to Santa Barbara, and the state of tide in west SF Bay in the afternoon (flooding).

The challenge is reconstituted even though we don't have an ETD. Re-guess how many hours for ENVOLEE to make the transit from RYC to San Barbara, post here by noon Tuesday, and Sleddog's your Uncle. New entries welcome.

sleddog's guess: 42 hours, 33 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    Despite Synthia's and the cat's laudable commonsense, the pursuit of Macapuno icecream with arils is on. Thanks to Jackie, we know the distance (287nm) from the Golden Gate to Santa Barbara, and the state of tide in west SF Bay in the afternoon (flooding).

The challenge is reconstituted even though we don't have an ETD. Re-guess how many hours for ENVOLEE to make the transit from RYC to San Barbara, post here by noon Tuesday, and Sleddog's your Uncle. New entries welcome.

sleddog's guess: 42 hours, 33 minutes
    My guess: 33 hours, 7 minutes

Ants

PS my first arrival at Santa Barbara in 1980 or thereabouts was my first offshore passage as skipper. The sun had not risen yet, and I was following the harbor channel lights that I saw. I should have followed the lights as shown on the charts. The direct passage put me on the beach. The Harbormaster was watching my masthead lights and had the patrol boat underway to tow me off the beach.

Any stops planned?

Katz and cat navigation guess is 39hrs and 55minutes

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Any stops planned?
    Well as a matter of fact, no we will not be lingering off Pacifica. That will be done another day, another weather system and sea state that would be described as "pleasant", and another vessel (Harbormaster Danny's). So tonight I get to enjoy a lovely bouquet of purply flowers that will not be drowned at sea.

The delivery crew of Envolee, having canoodled hours of observations and prognostiguessing, have chosen a RYC ETD of 1600 Tuesday, with the intent of exiting the bay at 1700-ish.

And, seeing it fit to celebrate this most auspicious date of 2.22.22, we will most certainly be toasting the gods at precisely 2222 with something hot and chocolatey (and possibly a wee bit spiked).

So here's another prognostigating question for the bunch: how far will we be along our journey when we toast the gods at 2222?
    Last edited by Eyrie; 02-21-2022 at 08:37 PM. Reason: add a final question
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    ...how far will we be along our journey when we toast the gods at 2222?
    Off Pigeon Pt.

So here's another prognostigating question for the bunch: how far will we be along our journey when we toast the gods at 2222?
    Prize, please? This guesticating is hard work.

AnaNuevo

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Prize, please? This guesticating is hard work.
    We are playing fast and loose with Sled's ice cream.