Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SSS 2011 - a preview

Gearing up for 3BF......

Can't wait for 2011....

By the way, can't say I really disagree with any of the changes that commodore Max is making. No complaints from this member. Thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Oh... so THAT is what Synthia was calling me about last night....
    We all want to know what the Scotsman wears beneath his kilt...

That idea went south in a hurry. Next there will be talk about guys in sun dresses with radar-reflective hats (which almost happened). So maybe Max just sticks with a T mark for the guys and we call it good.

Quickly changing the subject, I saw a preliminary OYRA schedule but it was before YRA's schedule meeting (to work out conflicts, etc.)

Then I heard OYRA added some shorter (daylight only) courses. I'd also like to see the details since I'm thinking about next season.
    Last edited by BobJ; 11-21-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skatzman View Post
    So Express 27's are a recognised one design class and will not need phrf certs for 2011? SDK
    That's right. As long as the class association has well-defined rules and you adhere to them, SSS isn't going to bother you about a cert. We may discover gray areas with some classes, but I expect that the E27s, Moore 24s and J/105s will qualify.

Of course you may have to get one anyway, depending on what other races you're doing. And naturally we encourage everyone to get a cert so as to support YRA who maintains some of the marks that we use and gets us most of our Coast Guard permits.

On a related note, for those who still need to present a cert, we're no longer going to accept last year's certs for the Three Bridge Fiasco. If you had one last year, Laura can process your renewal in next to no time, so there's no excuse not to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    I heard OYRA added some shorter (daylight only) courses. I'd also like to see the details since I'm thinking about next season.
    Bob, my understanding is that the "Daylight series" isn't new races but a subset of the existing OYRA schedule. You can enter the full series or just the short ones. Also, the Spinnaker Cup and Windjammers aren't going to be OYRA counters.

Pierke - We have postponed the LongPac by two weeks, so it doesn't conflict with Coastal Cup or the OYRA Duxship. I think I have an up-to-date YRA master calendar, but I can't say for sure that the OYRA dates haven't changed.

Max

Max: thanks for moving the Long Pac two weeks out. We can now do Coastal Cup and Long Pac. Awesome !

YRA will post the 2011 Calendar in early December. As you can see by the SSS LongPac change, things are still a little in flux. The "Daylight OYRA Series consists of the 4 shorter races in the 9-race 2011 OYRA series. Later Starting Time and 2100 Deadline. By the way, a revised OYRA MER list is posted on the YRA-OYRA website. Much clearer.
    Pat Broderick - the outgoing-YRA Chair

Oooh . Ooooh ,,, yeah , the Can O whoopass is thinking of doing OYRA this next year !!!!

Race dates anybody ??? and is the RC ready to wait for us or shall we take our own time ,,,,,

-Paul