Thread: Calling all solo TP race vets

Default Calling all solo TP race vets

I am looking for a handful of volunteer TransPac race veterans that would be willing to be assigned as a "boat nanny" to one or more first time solo TransPac race entrants. You will not be required to inspect their boat for qualification, just help them find answers to most of their general question about getting themselves and their boat ready, many of which can be found on the web, the forum or the seminars. If they have specific rules questions that need special interpretation then you can pass that along to me and I will consult our panel of technical advisors. Of the 10 that are currently entered there are 5 newbees, and I expect to get many more before the entry deadline on May 3rd.

Please get back to me with which marinas/locations you would be willing to cover and how many boats you would be willing to take on.

Thanks for your help.

Synthia Petroka
    '08 SHTP Race Chair
    synpetroka@earthlink.net
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I am looking for a handful of volunteer TransPac race veterans that would be willing to be assigned as a "boat nanny" to one or more first time solo TransPac race entrants.
    Please get back to me with which marinas/locations you would be willing to cover and how many boats you would be willing to take on.

Thanks for your help.

Synthia Petroka
    '08 SHTP Race Chair
    Sleddog would be happy to nanny up for any new or used SHTPers who wish to visit Santa Cruz, either by land, sea, e-mail, or astral projection. Synbad has the particulars.

Current harbor entrance min. depth 9' at zero tide, which will be increased to 20' soon as the dredge digests its lunch. Check out the tropical weather, topless women, and ULDB infestations at http://www.santacruzharbor.org/