Thread: 2011 Three Bridge Fiasco

Default 2011 Three Bridge Fiasco

Hey Everybody,

As of this morning there were 200 boats in the system registered for the Three Bridge Fiasco this year.

I am anxiously awaiting and preparing for the race. Every time I go to the marina now, I see a bunch of people I know getting ready for the sailing season. This is going to be fun as always.

This year, I'm going to have some help trying to beat Can O' Wopass in the DH 198+ division. Les, the former owner of Tinker, is going to show me some tricks flying the spinnaker between Black Aller and Angel Island. The same spinnaker that I shredded in the IYC mid-winters and had to sew back together. Thankfully, I know a great seamstress with a new sewing machine and the same last name as mine.

Did you see this post Paul? How goes the CYC mid-winters on the Cal 20 with Richard?

My best wishes to everyone for the sailing season this year. Let's go for over 350 entries this year in the 2011 TBF. See you all at the skippers meeting in just over a week.

Matt Beall
    Tinker
    SSS Web Admin

I am so very grateful to be starting first in the Fiasco, @ the same time as Paul and Richard in their Can. Why? Oh, for so many many reasons: the mere thought of having the same start as all those Express 27s!!! Going both ways!! Yikes. That will be fun to watch - from Race Deck. And having the same start as the Express 37s! Adrenaline rush. Again, watching from the race deck = great theater. Instead, starting @ 9:30, Dura Mater will be trailing Can O'Whoopass like a duckie, hoping to keep up for just awhile and taking my cues regarding the course. Thank you, SSS for this crazy idea of a race.

Try starting with the Moore 24s. It's fun...

I would expect the mass of all 26 of them to part like the red sea in front of the loveliness that is Sail a Vie.

Well yah if they know what I did to the guy that got in my way last year!

Especially if you load a big bruce on the bow!

Quote Originally Posted by Travieso View Post
    Especially if you load a big bruce on the bow!
    Haha just put it back there today! Served me well last year

If I see you I'll make sure to give you a wide berth

This year, I'm going to have some help trying to beat Can O' Wopass in the DH 198+ division. Les, the former owner of Tinker, is going to show me some tricks flying the spinnaker between Black Aller and Angel Island. The same spinnaker that I shredded in the IYC mid-winters and had to sew back together. Thankfully, I know a great seamstress with a new sewing machine and the same last name as mine.

Did you see this post Paul? How goes the CYC mid-winters on the Cal 20 with Richard?

Matt Beall
    Tinker
    SSS Web Admin[/QUOTE]

Matt , for the first time in a long time ,, We accomplished a DNF ! CYC mids on Saturday ! after a downwind start and a massive ebb we rounded in bout third for our div... stay'd high and ranged alcatraz... rounded and were passed by Q and Shameless .... We followed them thinking that the " CAN " could do all the things a fourty footer could ..... NOPE we got trapped in an eddy at Knox and were'nt smart enough to get out , sailed backwards tacking for an hour an half ,,, ((( I told Richard not to go there !

Were in Second place now and have just a little buisness to take care of next month !

BUT first , TBF Madness has set in ,,, I wanna be the first to start and the first to finish ! ! ! He he he

Cheers

-Paul

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

I wrote up our rather dismal performance here: http://neversealand.downtothesea.org...bridge-fiasco/

See you at the meeting --

David