Thread: WE did it ! ( The TBF ! )

Default WE did it ! ( The TBF ! )

The Can O WhoopAss Cal20 624 completed the course !

I sat down at lunch and poured over the tide charts ,,, I made my decision and texted Richard von Ehrenkrook , He agree'd and the day was set into motion,,,

What ? A SouthEasterly ? that screw's most everything of our plans up ! Well , Off to Red rock first ,,, On a boat who's hull speed is 4-5 knots, we just HAD to get around RR before the ebb started !

We Ebb'd down to Ti , floated around for a bit , went backward a little while waiting for some wind , listened to the boats that dropped out , thought about that for a sec....

When I looked at the city from the North of Ti , I saw some sunshine and we decided to keep on going...

got the GUN for Division , and I'm pretty sure we beat at least one D class cat !!!! What a day ,

Thanks to all of the race commitee !

-Paul Sutchek

Tell your own story on this thread why knot ?

Wink

Great job guys! We went to Red Rock first too then TI. We got a gun too! But I'm pretty sure that was you we waved at as you were going to the finnish and we were going to the Gate. Great job again!

We went to Red Rock first as well. Not the original plan, but what the heck, it’s the fiasco! We had moments where we definitely didn’t think we would finish, but we kept saying, let's just do one more mark! It worked; we finished around 6:00pm, did not get a gun, but had a great time. Beautiful sailing from 5:00-6:00pm as the sun was going down.

The motto for the 3-Bridge, "just keep going!"

Thanks RC!

Thanks so very much to RC! - a fun time was had on Beetle Boat, including revisiting the start line (again) as we had so much starting the first time.

The goal was to finish, and we did (just barely). It was quite something to round Blackaller and realize we had 1.1 miles to the X buoy and 12 minutes to do it. Go faster!

Great day out there.

- rob/beetle

Default JetStream 3BF story

Can of Whoopass and 184 showing off again

Here is JetStream's story:

http://jetstreamracing.blogspot.com/...ge-fiasco.html

Default Holy @#$T There Goes Can O Wopass

How the @#$%# did you guys get around Red Rock so quick?

The decision you made to go for RR we made after following the Santana 22 fleet towards TI up until we hit Pier 39.

Wind out of the South??? Holy @#$$#@%

We turned 90 degrees and headed for the point of TI. Popped the spinnaker and downwind to behind RR. When I saw Can O Wopass come around RR and we still had at least 30 min. left to get around, I knew you had won the division and just focused on finishing. I'm never surprised to see you guys popping out of the fog ahead of me.

It was a great day sailing. We sailed all the way from the Black Aller Buoy, You guys did round that one too right?, and on one tack made it all the way to the Alameda Marina close hauled with the flood behind us going home.

Les, the former owner of Tinker, was my second hand this year. Normally, I sail singlehanded but was very glad to have his river kayaking expertise this year. It seemed like the entire bay had turned into a big river headed from the Bay bridge and the Richmond bridge out the Golden Gate. Every year I learn a little more from getting my a$$ handed to me by Can O Wopass. It sure was fun competing this time. Thanks to everyone on the race committee and for everyone that worked hard to get us results quickly. That was great this year.

Matt Beall
    Tinker
    SSS Web Admin

Hey Matt ,

Thanks for the kind words ,,, It was hours and hours of wondering if we were doing the " right " thing as we couldn't see anybody following us to RR first ! It's too bad the wind died and we had trouble at TI .

Yes we rounded Blackhauler right behind Great White ! They can confirm if needed , jk .
    I all way's carry my gps and save my track lines, everybody wonders how we did this or that during a race and Richard and I learn from this info also !

Staying out of adverse tides is now a priority when racing the Cal20.

See you soon !
    -Paul

I already confirmed to the powers that be that I saw you coming back from Blackauler or how ever you spell that.

Spelling might not be my strong point ,,, and I'm still wondering weather or knot to be upset with an abstract implied " you didn't do the course " referance! ,,,,

Thank you for the back up ,, but why does everyone wonder if a Cal20 sailor can sail or not ? bs.....

see ya at the Corinthian again ...

-P