Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singlehanded Tips & Techniques book - Download for FREE

Default Singlehanded Tips & Techniques book - Download for FREE

I've written a book "Thoughts, Tips, Techniques & Tactics for Singlehanded Sailing" that you can download for FREE.

It's available as a PDF on the San Francisco Singlehanded Sailing Society website at http://sfbaysss.org/tipsbook

The book, all 146 pages (70,00 words) is formatted to be easily printed double-sided.

I want to thank the members of Singlehanded Sailing Society who have contributed to the book. Some of whom didn't even know it :-)

As always, your comments are welcome.

Andy Evans

Default Thanks Andy

Andy,

Thank you very much for your work in creating this book!
    John Barthelmass
    2.7 Seconds
    Columbia 30 SY

Default Great Tips Book

I have been inspired once again to compete in as many races as I can singlehanded this year by Andy's book. It is refreshing to read about the many mistakes that we all make in the learning process while figuring out how best to sail alone on our boats. Andy's book may help a lot of people to avoid many of these common mistakes or at least to learn from them better when they happen.

Thanks for putting this together. My donation to your sail fund is on the way.

Matt
    SSS Web Admin
    Tinker - Sail #6

For all who liked my singlehanded tips book, my first novel has just been published. You can find "My Brother Chuck" in paperback or ebook on Amazon. The first reviews are very encouraging: “An important, nuanced, haunting look at what it means to grow up, especially as a man." Molly Mulhern, Editorial Director, McGraw Hill Education
    I hope you enjoy it.

Andy Evans

Andrew, I went to order it and was informed that it wouldn't arrive until December 7 - January 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Andrew, I went to order it and was informed that it wouldn't arrive until December 7 - January 16.
    I'm sorry about that. The books are out - my copies arrived a couple of weeks ago. I guess it takes a bit to get them to Amazon. I'll let my publisher know and see if I can get an update.

Phipott: You must have been the first US order for the paperback book. THANKS VERY MUCH! You are very special indeed. The answer is that Amazon doesn't order in until they receive their first order. Then they order in a bunch. The distributor said that it should only be a few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

This is what he said: "Unfortunately, amazon doesn't stock up until a customer order goes through. So the first customer order will have to come all the way from Canada. It's probably not going to take quite that long, but it would be a few weeks. But, once that happens, they should then have stock for further orders in a more timely manor."

After making your terrific book available to us on this forum, who could possibly resist supporting your writing? And especially after this recommendation: "He is well known around the world for the 2014 bestselling book "Singlehanded Sailing; Thoughts, Tips, Techniques & Tactics" which has become a standard for high performance solo sailing."

On three separate occasions, when talking with a new sailing acquaintance, I was told that they have read your book. Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    On three separate occasions, when talking with a new sailing acquaintance, I was told that they have read your book.
    Believe it or not, it's sold more than 10,000 copies all over the world over the past four years. And lord knows how many times the free version has been downloaded. Now if I can just get the same for My Brother Chuck, I'll be able to buy a spinnaker to replace what I shredded on Sunday. Thanks very much for your best wishes. I hope you enjoy the story.

This photo, showing the start of the shredding, (before I dragged it behind my boat for 10 minutes) was taken from nearly 2 miles away. I was the only one Foolish enough to launch a chute, and then the sh*t happened.

Name:  11-04-18-Y-227.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  500.0 KB
    Last edited by Foolish; 11-06-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Silly foolish. What were you thinking?