Thread: AT&T store iPad (original) 64GB G3 for Nav

Default AT&T store iPad (original) 64GB G3 for Nav

Not sure how long these will be available, but a 64GB G3 iPad is awesome with iNavX for navigation with its built in GPS

If you haven't yet crumbled to temptation and bought an Apple iPad, in so doing deepening the already chasm-like pockets of Jobs & Co., chances are the following news is only likely to test your steely resolve even further.

Specifically, U.S. telecommunications giant AT&T has this week bolstered Apple’s recent $100 USD iPad price reduction by lopping another $100 USD off the remaining retail tag.

Arriving as a clear attempt to rid stores of old stock, this now leaves the 3G-equipped 16GB and 32GB versions of Apple’s original iPad priced at $429 USD and $529 USD.

AT&T has also hacked down the price of the more spacious 64GB model (also 3G) to $529 USD, which is a hefty plunge of $300 USD when compared to Apple’s initial RRP.

Of course, any increased temptation presently being wrestled with by first-time buyers is likely to be offset by the knowledge that the improved iPad 2 is already available and selling like hotcakes.

However, if being an early adopter simply isn’t your style, then $429 USD for a 3G iPad barely one year out of the gate—albeit attached to an AT&T DataConnect Personal Data Plan—is certainly a tantalising prospect that perhaps shouldn’t be fought against.

That must be one of them gadgets with the sandbag at the bottom of the screen so it always knows which way is up. I'll tell 'ya Zeke, maybe I'll hussle on down and git me one of them things to replace my 8-track.

Come to think of it, I'm still pretty fond of my 8-track, but I could use it like an ee-lectronic picture frame right there on my work bench. I could have a picture of Ellie May and Bessie May (Bessie May's my cow) right there all the time, and that would be fine.

Yessiree, haf to git me one of those Zeke...

Default AT&T store iPad (original) 64GB G3 for Nav

Be careful, you need the built in GPS to run Nav software, so the WiFi only model might not suit your needs. The WiFi model would be fine for work on the SSS race deck, or the race deck of any other yacht club using JibeSet software.

Verizon's corporate-owned retail stores are unloading the last of their stocks of the first-generation iPad with bargain basement prices beginning at $299.99 for the 16 GB model. The 32 GB model comes in at $399.99 with the 64 GB model at $499.99. We've heard that stores are quickly selling through their stock at these prices and so availability may be spotty and customers should be sure that they visit corporate-owned stores for the special pricing as independent Verizon stores are not participating in the offer.

Verizon stores began selling the first-generation Wi-Fi iPad in late October, typically bundling the device with a MiFi mobile hotspot but also offering iPads on their own with no MiFi or data service required. With the launch of the second-generation iPad, Apple now offers CDMA models directly compatible with Verizon's network.

Late last week, AT&T slashed prices on 3G-capable first-generation iPads to $429-$629 with the carrier's online store dropping the 64 GB model even further to $529. As of this writing, AT&T's online store only has availability of 64 GB models at the $529 price point.