Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Return Logistics

Jerome, check on the Pacific Cup website. There may be a package deal going for both races. Other than that no, I don't have a contact name. Rob?

Thank you. I have contacted both freight company. I have chosen Pasha. After the race, I am probably have to quickly sail to Honolulu and have the boat taken out of the water...can't stay too long...unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogo2USA806 View Post
    Thank you. I have contacted both freight company. I have chosen Pasha. After the race, I am probably have to quickly sail to Honolulu and have the boat taken out of the water...can't stay too long...unfortunately.
    Hopefully you won't be gone by the time I get there!

Slacker

Ragnar & others looking for a way back:

Brian Caldwell [ bjcaldwell.com ] is experienced delivery skipper who will be in Pacific post-delivery to Vanuatu; besides a delivery to mainland USA he might also be able to take your boat to a broker in Australia where it would fetch a better price than in HI...........

" New post on BJ Caldwell

One day at a time…
    by bjcaldwell.com

Just a day ago I was lamenting the lack of upcoming yacht deliveries. However it now appears one that had been simmering will happen from July onwards of a boat from the US to Vanuatu. So this would be the 2nd straight year I'll have taken a boat from the US to the South Pacific / Australia along with the high potential Linda and I sail our S&S 34's from the US to Australia before cyclone season come mid-November as well..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Hi Folks,

I know it's early, but I'm trying to figure out how to get my Tartan Ten back from Hawaii after the Race next year. I have no cradle, no trailer, and no time to sail her back. I've thought about selling her there, but I'm guessing selling a boat there is even harder than selling a boat here on the mainland. Any suggestions?

Slacker

I have teamed up with another sailor who has her Captain's license and we are looking to knock out some deliveries. It looks like we may have a delivery lined up, returning from Pac Cup. We are both young with low overhead and can therefore be negotiable on rates. We each have about 20,000 miles at sea.

Full CV's available upon request

and as far as BJ Caldwell is concerned. He was my watch-mate on TRANSPAC last year on the 1D35. That guy is one of the best sailors and delivery skippers i've ever met. Adam Correa sailed with him from Honolulu to Australia last year as well. BJ is very good but I believe he's already booked for a couple of deliveries in the Pacific next summer.