Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photos and Video from Farallones 2011?

Default Photos and Video from Farallones 2011?

I know Tom from Darwind shot some video out around the rocks. Did any ones else shoot video or take photos? Would love to see them posted somewhere.

You guys that finished are rock stars! I turned back 9 miles out. Boy what a ride!

Tony B.

Quote Originally Posted by Now&Zen View Post
    Did any ones else shoot video or take photos?
    It was too wet for me to break out the camera, so no shots from the race. Perhaps an underwater camera would have done well, given the amount of wet flying over the boat and through the cockpit.

- rob/beetle

Quote Originally Posted by tiger beetle View Post
    It was too wet for me to break out the camera, so no shots from the race. Perhaps an underwater camera would have done well, given the amount of wet flying over the boat and through the cockpit.

- rob/beetle
    Hey Rob,
    understood, I had the same problem as well. I got a couple of nice shots going under the Gate but that was the end of it!

Tony B

Default Video

I took some video, the quality is not great but I will post it anyway. Great day but too much wind for Xpression and the current sail inventory...

Dirk
    Xpresssion

Quote Originally Posted by dhusselman View Post
    I took some video, the quality is not great but I will post it anyway. Great day but too much wind for Xpression and the current sail inventory...

Dirk
    Xpresssion
    Hi Dirk -

Not so slow that you couldn't beat me! Great to see you out there. How's Xpression doing these days, and where are you keeping the boat?

- rob/beetle

Quote Originally Posted by Now&Zen View Post
    I know Tom from Darwind shot some video out around the rocks. Did any ones else shoot video or take photos? Would love to see them posted somewhere.

You guys that finished are rock stars! I turned back 9 miles out. Boy what a ride!

Tony B.
    Second that. I'm up in Vancouver, BC and am looking forward to trailering my boat down to SF next May for the Farallones race (would be my first)...so would love to see anyone's video footage and --more so-- read anyone's post-race commentary. Just to get a flavour of the race, never having done it.

I remember checking the weather on line on Saturday --conditions sounded pretty challenging!

Anyway, thanks to anyone who has the time to post any thoughts about their experience with the race --challenges, surprises, sail plans used, conditions, etc. Kudos to all who finished!

Jud
    Last edited by Jud - Vancouver; 05-23-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Hi Rob,

It was great to be out racing again. Especially seeing you and Mark out there... Xpression is in great shape, except for the sail inventory. I'm looking forward to the longpac!

See you soon!

chippewa will be posting some go pro footage in a couple of days. i got some from leaving the gate, sailing upwind, and rounding the islands, and nothing after that.

ronnie

Ronnie, congratulations on successfully finishing your first ocean race on the Albin. You certainly picked a barn-burner for the first one!

Dirk, great to see you back out there. I'm sorry for sailing down on you - I had been up at the mast and you sneaked up under my reefed main. I came up a total of 17 degrees per the autopilot and that seemed to do it - I didn't want to tack away towards the Potato Patch in those conditions.

So there's talk of some photos and video - that would be great to see.