Olson 30/Seattle

Bug Light cocktail
    Difficulty: Medium
    Preparation Time: 6 months–∞
    Cost: $$$$$

Ingredients:
    -1 can Bug Light
    -1 fresh BugLighter
    -1.643 × 10^20 gallons ocean water (chilled)
    -1 can whoop-ass (optional)

Preparation:
    Open the can of Bug Light and pour into a boat-shaped cocktail shaker of your choice. Add the BugLighter. Pour some of the ocean water into the shaker. The smaller the shaker, the more water you should add. Be sure to leave enough water to float the shaker. Shake vigorously for 2-5 days, then let sit for 1-3 days, stirring occasionally. Finally, shake continuously for 1-2 weeks, while slowly warming the water to 85 degrees. Garnish with tropical fruit.

Serving Notes:
    The final product will have a pungent, unpleasant smell, but a sweet and mellow taste. Best served alone, or as accompaniment to freeze-dried meals or fresh-caught mahi mahi.

Tip:
    For a slightly sweeter version of this cocktail, add a can of whoop-ass, and shake more vigorously. It helps to have a larger, lighter, and more expensive shaker. This version will be ready to serve a little sooner.

Notes:
    When you are done enjoying your Bug Light, save your BugLighter and dry it out in the sun for a few days before putting it back in the fridge. In a few years your BugLighter will be fresh again and ready to make another delicious cocktail. Some BugLighters can be reused this way many, many times.

Outstanding!

The whoop-ass can be hard to source. Subject bartender had plenty though.

Thats Fantastic !

Glad to hear that you'll be out there Adrian! Great recipe!

Hey Ronnie: I met you guys last year at Marina Park before the 2010 shtp. I was getting ready to do Pac Cup on my Hobie 33 "Por Favor" and am now prepairing for 2012 shtp. I've met with Adrian on Idefix at Swiftsure in Victoria, sounds like he is going again and i've been in contact with Reed Bernhart Hobie 33 "Bloodhound" who sounds keen to do it. Por Favor is pretty well ready to go anytime. June 30 start sounds good, I should still be able to attend my daughter's grad. Look forward to communicating with you guys. John

Por Sailor,

I remember exactly who you are. Wow! A Hobie 33 entering the SHTP! That's awesome! I now work at the West Marine Rig shop here in Alameda, and our shop is going to extend some good discounts to SHTP entrants, so if you need anything at all, please let me know and i'll do whatever I can to help. Also, make sure you contact Allan Weaver back here at Marine Village Yacht Harbor. He is a huge fan of the SHTP and always hooks up all of the skippers. Idefix and the General stayed here last time. We are hoping to get 6-10 boats at my marina and have our own "Tree Time" Alameda version.

Really happy to hear that you are going to join the race. With you and Adrian bringing up a strong PNW ULDB contingent, us Bay Area guys better step it up!!!

PM if you need anything,

Ronnie

Excellent, John. I've been in touch with one or two more guys in the Seattle area who are getting their boats ready. It's still early in the game, but we could have a whole flotilla of boats from the Salish Sea...

Default Green Buffalo is "doing it"

Green Buffalo a Cal 40 is "doing it"
    First time "alone" though the boat and skipper already know the way. Last time I was in Hanalei was after the 1986 PacCup... many moons ago... looking forward to getting re-acquainted1

Default Slacker is in

Pretty sure will be there on June 30th. First time for the boat and skipper. Will do a repeat of the Guadalupe Island Race next year also as a shake down.

Probably looking at sailing the boat back also.

Whitall
    Slacker