Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Half Moon Bay Race

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    Well, our trim was pretty out for the first 1/3, and we didn't peel to the #1 until way late (made a HUGE difference), but we did OK, and I had a great time sailing with my kid and socializing after.

Never set the spin, angles all wrong till the last mile or less.

Had too much to drink before dinner, so didn't join the afterparty -- next time, maybe.
    You made us all have too much to drink before dinner. Over-proof rum, best left for college kids

Good times..

Thank you, Pat, for being there at Land's End and again @ Fort Funston. You sounded like Voice of America to me. That big swell coming from two different directions just off Point Bonita? Very exciting. Dura Mater said, "Wha?" My crew had sailed once before - with me to Sam's and back to Berkeley. What a good sport! To the sailors who encouraged me to do this "fun race, really - just an easy run down and back": I know where you live. I would never have done this if not surrounded by so many supportive and knowledgable sailors. Thank you, SSS.

Default Good times

Always enjoy this party. More so than the OYRA version. This was my wife's first double handed ocean race and it was a wee bit hard on her tummy. She only said yes because it was my birthday. I had a blast. That said, I'd rather loose by an hour than 19 seconds, as one can't help thinking about all the places you could have made up that 18s.

Thank you race committee.

Alan and Kate
    Voyager

Default Ragtime

You're a good sport, Bob. Kate and I were joking after hearing your initial hail that you were calling him to get your birdie back

Default Race Tracks

We have five boats with tracks uploaded. Let's have some more.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by abbarr View Post
    You're a good sport, Bob. Kate and I were joking after hearing your initial hail that you were calling him to get your birdie back
    Ha - that was the most expensive birdie ever! When I finally pulled the mast to replace it (plus the VHF antenna and tricolor), that led to a strip, repair and repaint of the entire rig, then wouldn't it be nice if the new deck nonskid matched the fresh "Greystone" Awlgripped spars? Then let's get the damp core replaced before we do the new nonskid (= all deck hardware was removed). Before you know it the topsides got new LPU too, and on it went. Result was a TOTAL refit in 2010.

All for a wind birdie that landed in your cockpit during the 2009 3BF!

This is a formal petition to the SSS for a later time limit to Half Moon Bay next year. Dura Mater just needed a bit more time and she could have coasted gracefully past the finish buoy. DNF after all that: geesh!

Default How to upload tracks

Quote Originally Posted by bobwalden View Post
    SNIP

BTW, does anyone know how to upload tracks to the jibeset thingie?

peace, out
    bw
    Cal 39-2 "Sea Star"
    San Francisco Bay Yacht Racing Information

Race Replay
    To share results, standings and tracks with others, give them this URL:

http://www.jibeset.net/JACKY000.php?RG=T001430755

Include Marks in "Maps" and "Earth" displays
    High resolution tracks - approximately 12 samples per minute. Normal resolution is approximately 2 samples per minute

Step 1
    Check the Boats in the list below that you would like to include in your Race Replay. Maximun of 10 boats
    Step 2
    Display Options:
    Step 2A
    Select "Maps Display" to display the tracks using Google Maps to compare boat tracks
    Step 2B
    Select "Earth Display" to replay the Race using Google Earth. Required that the Browser Google Earth plugin be installed on your computer - Firefox 4 should not be used

Notes:
    Tracks marked with ** do not contain a time base. They contain where the boat went but not when it was at each point.
    They will be shown only when they are in the race area defined by the track with time bases
    They will be shown during Race Replay in Google Earth but will not be included in the actual replay
    Race Replay using high resolution tracks will increase the file sizes by a factor of approximately five
    To Replay a race, your browser must accept cookies from www.jibeset.net, have Javascript enabled and have the Google Earth plugin installed

Boats with Race Tracks
    Race #1

FireFly 174
    Thumper 7762 Voyager 38345
    Sea Star 38022
    Flip, Flop N Fly 69036