Thread: RC volunteers needed for rsb race

Default RC volunteers needed for rsb race

We need some more race committee help on Saturday 17th for the Richmond South Beach Race. The hours will be 0900-1200 at the Richmond Yacht Club and RC boat and 1300-1900 at the South Beach Yacht Club. Christine Weaver is the PRO and can be contacted at webmaster@norcalsailing.com or 415-250-9334.
    Thanks.

Howdy Sailors, I'll be helping with the finish line RC duties, so while you're out there tearing up the bay I'll be listening in on Ch 65 while I've got my head down in Eyrie's engine compartment messing with a leaking fuel tank and such . So if you're one of the early finishers, how about giving me a holler over the radio when you've got the last turning mark in your sights so that I can wipe off my hands and get up to the finish line to get your time and to blow a horn at you. (Note: no guns at the finish line, the natives fire back! ). Also, if you find that you have to drop out and the starting line RC has gone off station, give a call on Ch 65 first and I'll get your info. If that fails then call and leave a msg on the voice mail number: 866-724-5777.

Synthia/Eyrie
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

Default Thanks

Hey out there to everyone on the RC... Thanks for all the help! Sorry you can't join us on the course.

Paul/Culebra

Thanks to all the racers who had to figure out a fender with PFD's tied to it was OLY "G". And that the pops you heard was actually a gun (I guess the shells have expired) And yes, that squawk was the finish horn.

I think that if there was an award for Race Committee Creativity this group definitely deserves it!

Known obstacles faced and overcome:
    - Change in Start location
    - Committee Boat (lack of)
    - Flags and RC Flag
    - Guns and restrictions on guns
    - Two locations (Start and Finish)
    - What no buoy OC-G? Now, where did it go...and what do we do?
    - We have life jackets and fenders, but how to anchor them?
    - Parking at South Beach
    - And I'll bet there where more...

And, they had the results posted online in less than an hour after the cutoff. Pretty amazing and a tough act to follow!

Thank you Christine and your troupe.
    Tom and Sue
    Dazzler